Midfield Trade Targets

Like Geelong did to Fark Carlton

1 Like

Oh so itā€™s another star player you want, not just a big bodied mid. FFS. Which couple of our existing good players do you want to give up to get someone like this?

1 Like

For total clearances we were 13th and Tigers were last.

Year prior when Eagles won they were 12th.

Year prior Richmond were 13th.

1 Like

Iā€™m with KM. Clearance differential is a more relevant stat. Number of clearances is basically useless on its own

1 Like

Doesnā€™t have to be a star player one like him.

With Hep now injured would have been a good time to try Hibberd

But you just named Dangerfield. Who is like him but isnā€™t a star?

1 Like

Yeah but Geelong a flaky like Essendon

We really need to hit the draft for a few years.

Fully support drafting a mid in the top 40 most years but the priority is probably key forward assuming Joe bails.

1 Like

I am not sure what we need to do but comparing the last 15 years of other clubs we are one of the worst.

check out this table and scan down the ladder position come last round, most good sides only fall away for a couple of years ( Except Melbourne and Carlton) and bounce back hard, even Sydneys stats look great.
https://afltables.com/afl/seas/ladders/ladderstbt.html#5

I donā€™t disagree but isnā€™t that why we worked hard to draft Jones? Gown is still on the list too for now. Agree definitely needed for depth at least.

Itā€™s crazy.
Weā€™re talking about midfielders and nobody has used the phase ā€œbut we need an inside bullā€.

Thereā€™s a first for everything I guess.

1 Like

No guarantees Gown will make it.
Jones will be very good, but heā€™s never going to be a big, solid one on one key forward. We definitely need at least one more on the list.

3 Likes

Jbomber has used contested beast though

2 Likes

Jobe >>>>> Crouch (or any other clearance pleb currently in the AFL). Jobe was the most damaging exponent of the handball in recent memory - And Crouch wishes he was an average kick like Jobe.

But last I checked Jobeā€™s retired and sitting in a comms box.

Moreover, if we canā€™t win a final with our current group of mids then we need to shut everything down and take up lawn bowls.

Itā€™s clearly the forward line that we need to bolster, and thatā€™s only due to injury (and possibly defection)

1 Like

Crouch is a pretty good kick from what iā€™ve seen, short passes but flat and changes direction of the play. I really like him but havenā€™t seen much of him since 2017

Brad or Matt?

Yep, agree HM. And if itā€™s a mid with serious handball skills people want, Parish has them in spades. And theyā€™re lightning quick too. Also very good in traffic.

5 Likes

The obvious concern being itā€™s hard to play midfield from the forward pocket.

3 Likes

Do you think itā€™s something we hit up the draft for or try the trade period or maybe both? Agree Gown is no guarantee.

Brayden Fiorini (22) or Will Brodie (21) are former high draft pick midfielders currently out of the Gold Coast side. Both are Victorians.

3 Likes