Midfield Trade Targets

And Walla

Nino, join the real world mate. Cripps pushes everyone’s midfield around. He’s a one off. And even aside from him, players like Fyfe, Bontempelli and Martin are rare beasts. Most teams don’t have one. We are a long way from being the Lone Ranger.

2 Likes

He wins clearances through brute strength similar to Jobe. Our midfield is undersized and gets physically dominated.

3 Likes

What do you want from this contested beast?

I better see some body on body and making it hard for him to win an easy clearance tomorrow night.

Bit harsh on Nino Reboot, he isn’t the one saying Jobe wasn’t that good.

1 Like

Don’t knock a Vinnies couch though. Best 20 bucks I ever spent…

2 Likes

IT talking smack again

Was a direct response to this post IT

Can you picture if we had a Dangerfield in the middle we will be smashing sides.

1 Like

We were 7th last season for clearance differential so hardly terrible.

Richmond and WC are consistently down the bottom.

I don’t see the relevance.

1 Like

I know but that was a direct response to KM basically saying Jobe wasn’t that good, he didn’t make our side better. I get the response based on that.

“basically”

Watch some old Jobe highlights and it might give you some idea of what a contested beast can offer.

its all about the optics

1 Like

I still think you’re wrong. The game has changed. We’re fine in the middle. A decent ruckman is a far bigger need. Hopefully Draper is the one

1 Like

Yep, the game has changed.

Clearances aren’t what they used to be.

Deserves more likes

1 Like

No I think it is more about the skill of the person getting it out. You can “win” clearances and still get smashed if those clearances are not creating options and run. Watching the 2000 (and even 93) they were very good at winning it and getting quick goals. I think we need a good in and under midfielder who has very good hands. Merrett and Hepps do it sometimes, Stringer sometimes, but we could use one more.

ATM imo we get the ball but don’t do enough with it.

Although saying all that if the coaches would play Parish in the middle for more than 1 1/4 that might solve a lot of the problems.

2 Likes

We were 15th for actual clearances during H&A.

Oh & Richmond were top 4 for clearances in 2017, WC were top 4 for clearances in 2018 - see any connection at all? Clearances in isolation are not the be all & end all but to dismiss their importance to the game is ignorant.

1 Like