Midlife Crisis

I wouldn’t really call it skating, to do that would end up in broken bones and divorce, possibly in the other order.

But just head down the skatepark with my son, he’s keen to learn, so just go for a roll, watch the young folk rip it up and have a great time.

Board, scooter (sigh) and footy in the car, spend an hour or so there and then go for a milkshake. Life’s good when things are this simple.

8 Likes

you had a midlife crisis at 27?

You get an evening with my first Wife and her Mother. Both originally came from hell.

And I didn’t like that Prince Charles remark

3 Likes

Nope. I had an awakening.

RE: Volunteering

Do it. I often ride visually impaired people around on a bicycle.

Gives you a rush of energy, perspective, grounding and get to meet some interesting people.

4 Likes

middle of the back row. :slight_smile:

its good that most of you guys are still kicking and enjoying watching footy!

Yeah I might pass on that one

1 Like

An old Oak Park High student hey BF. W.ent there for a couple of years myself in 79/80. Stephen Taubert was the PE teacher then.

Well I was a few years earlier. We had Barry Davis as our PE teacher. Just like Ken Fraser, they were much better footy players than teachers.

1 Like

I had Warwick Irwin as a teacher. They can’t get rid of him, he’s been at Mt Waverley SC for 45 years now!

1 Like

He’s still there? Fmd.

But find something you’re passionate about. I thought about volunteering for years but never knew for what. Then I had a kid and became unexpectedly passionate about breastfeeding and so trained a as a breastfeeding counsellor for the Australian Breastfeeding Association. Helping other mums give me joy, plus I’ve gotten to meet so many people in my local community.

4 Likes

Have you had the baby?

Unfortunately no. Officially overdue and hating it!

2 Likes

Argh. All the best for a safe and swift birth.

2 Likes

I’ll be your friend.

Then you’ll realise things weren’t so bad :slight_smile:

Shocking week lost a tonne of money on the tigers, north and saints.
Back to being a loser.
Sorry just needed a place to vent.
Do you guys reckon crows will win tomorrow?

You should definitely stop gambling

11 Likes

Hmmm, one tonne of $100 notes would be about $100 million dollars, so you sure lost big !

4 Likes

You put money on the Saints? Mate…

But yeah, never gamble win you’re down and never gamble to chase back your losses.