Mike Fitzpatrick Steps Down - Good Riddance

I was always taught that if you can’t say something good about someone, say nothing at all. What I will say is, " ". No wait stuff it he’s a carnt of the highest order.
He wasted time in 1981 and he’s been a waste of space ever since.

1 Like

Now, where is that AFL internal review, supposed to be before the season starts?

Why wait until April? Fark off right away Fitzpatrick, just go somewhere where you’ll never be seen or heard again.

Who is going to replace Goyder as Commisioner after he takes top job?

Pretty big achievement to be the number one carnt in the saga.

Goddard has been as impressive as anyone over the last four years. Magnificent.

PS: get ****ed Mike, ya ■■■■

Anderson article in the Hun ( behind paywall) gives him a pass

2017 accreditation, tick

Also I don’t need to go behind the paywall to tell you what the article says.

Para 1: Mike’s great

Para 2: Extremely minor criticism to make me look like a proper journo

Para 3: Mike’s great

He will always be remembered as the person that sacrificed the reputation and livelihoods of many Essendon players and administrators to protect the corporate reputation of the AFL. Goddard summed it up beautifully. Hopefully the Karma bus smashes into Mike within the next 12 months.

He can take his Rhodes Scholar and bash it up his ■■■■ too, the carnt, on his way out.

His manipulation of the Chris Judd Visy third party deal to help out his old club worked a farking treat too, look where Fark Carlton are now, on their way to a Richmond-like decades long constant rebuild.

choke on it fitzpatrick.

Announcement that he’s accepted a spot on the board at Bastion in 3, 2, 1…

Announcement that he's accepted a spot on the board at Bastion in 3, 2, 1...

Doubt it, he really is the big end of town Rio Tinto etc (as is his wife), don’t think he needs the likes of Bastion, Acquire Learning , Crownbet or Beyond Boundaries. Also I may be wrong, but thought Commisioners were not receiving salaries like CEO etc. It was more the payment in kind, like games at those stadiums. He might need to sort out that one in the west. I would have thought something more like the board at Chaanel 7.

Bet he gets paid handsomely anyway.

Bet his replacement is just as soulless/corrupt/etc.

Nothing will change.

The corruptfl have to be the biggest example of “plus ça change” in the country. They just constantly exchange one ■■■■ for another. They have an endless suply of them.

Goyder on Lateline Business spoke of the need for corporate ethical behaviour and efforts by Wesfarmers/Coles to get llimits on amounts spent on pokie spins. He might be a little less laissez faire than Fitz on AFL links to gambling industries and force that so-called AFL ethics officer Clothier to earn his keep.

Mick Warner has now run a piece in the Hun (behind paywall) elaborating on that Colless Fitzpatrick conversation , quoting Colless, words like thug and bully. And inferences of payback for drafting a Buddy. BJ tweet also gets a mention.
I sense that Warner may have more to come on AFL.
Warner must not be expecting the Tigers to make the finals this year,

1 Like

Richard Colless says Mike Fitzpatrick behaved like a ‘Mafia Don’

RETIRING AFL boss Mike Fitzpatrick has come clean on an expletive-laden tirade delivered to Sydney boss Richard Colless after Lance Franklin’s shock defection to the Swans.

“If you are in footy for any length of time you will have a series of robust conversations,” Fitzpatrick said of the Colless phone call.

“That was a robust conversation but not many of them become public.

“But as to whether it was the right time or anything — who knows? At the time it seemed appropriate.”

Colless on Wednesday told the Herald Sun: “If Mike was surprised that it was made public, I was surprised that he behaved like a thug and a bully.

“It was more like dealing with a Mafia Don than a football head. I thought it said a lot about the individual and the way he operated.”

Asked to comment on Fitzpatrick’s legacy to the game, Colless said: “I have no comment”.

A seething Fitzpatrick called Colless after the Swans signed free agent Franklin to a nine-year, $10 million deal after the 2013 finals, beating expansion club Greater Western Sydney to the punch.

The Swans were later stripped of their contentious cost of living allowance (COLA).

“There was no warm-up, no introduction — the opening pleasantries were the ‘F’ bomb and the ‘C’ bomb,” Colless said of the Fitzpatrick spray.

“I must admit I was taken aback. It went on for about 10 minutes and it was basically just a torrent of abuse.

“I was at home when the phone rang. Mike’s number came up and my wife just happened to be standing where the phone was. I didn’t put it on loud speaker, so she didn’t hear every word of it, but she got the thrust of it pretty well.

“It got to a point where he said to me, and I’m paraphrasing: ‘If any of this gets out to the press — this conversation — I’ll know where it came from and you watch out’. To which I think I said: ‘Mike — get f…’.

“I have never been so offended and I said if you ever speak like this again to me you are the one that will have something to consider.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/richard-colless-says-mike-fitzpatrick-behaved-like-a-mafia-don/news-story/eac0784ad080a8a2ac1d34a75c70c6ec

And, I kid you not, Caro thinks his only black mark was that he did not get Doc Reid, should not be still working at the club. LOL

That phone call was reported long ago. l hope there is more to come.