Miscellaneous VFL comments and articles

Buddha has done an amazing job so I don’t doubt the boys will still be following his lead.

Hepp is the natural replacement. He’s had to evercome some nasty injuries in recent years as well as play multiple roles for the side and has still performed at a very high standard.

No pressure but we should have a pretty strong side this year so very much looking forward to the season starting.

1 Like

when is the first VFL practice game?

And who will be doing the live commentary?

1 Like

Midday 2nd March against Tigers

1 Like

What about that Blitzer who said they were in a car watching/posting the VFL game but wasn’t actually there and got caught out by fogdog?

What was their name?

KFC I think?

What number is Prismall wearing?

5 Likes

Those special Blitz moments when a thread is just cruising along doing its usual Blitz things when all of a sudden all hell breaks loose.

KM, where?

1 Like

Beaconsfield

2 Likes

Radio 3DJR gets one warmup match, then. It syncs nicely with the AFL match at Docklands later in the day.

6 Likes

With the addition of a few speedsters to compliment our ball winners I think we are a bit of a Smokey this year.

With our increased depth there is no reason we can’t give top 4 a shot.

Smokey? We lost a prelim by a kick last year :joy:

6 Likes

For some reason that schedule doesn’t mention that we’re also playing a curtain raiser prior to the Geelong JLT game - believe it’s from 4pm in Geelong on March 7th.

8 Likes

Yes, we had a good year :blush:

We still had our rough patches last year also.

Hind will be a loss and assuming Smack plays seniors most of the year we will need somebody else to stand up.

Our defence and midfield should be fairly settled though and we have some very dangerous small forwards.

Should be an exciting year.

1 Like

If Smack is playing seniors, we should have Zlarke, Brown and Stewart available, or at least 2 of them, most of the time.

1 Like

@Paul_Cousins any chance we rookie list Ray Connellan this year?

And Gown.

2 Likes

Now your just trying to dress things up

2 Likes

I’ll be stepping up to the plate, providing misspelt commentary with inaccurate player identification and poor game awareness on a confusing time lag. Get excited!

8 Likes

Asking the wrong guy here sorry. Looking forward to watching him in the VFL though.

1 Like