Miscellaneous VFL comments and articles

@theDJR - they need you

http://jobboards.adlogic.com.au/essendonfc/job-details/query/VFLM+Training+Coordinator+(Volunteer)/in/Victoria/7569650/

VFLM Training Coordinator (Volunteer)

VFLM Training Coordinator (Volunteer)

Essendon Football Club is committed to our vision of being recognised as the most respected, inclusive and successful sporting club in the country, consistently setting the benchmark both on and off the field. We currently have a fantastic volunteer opportunity for a VFLM Training Coordinator to ā€˜Don the Sashā€™ and join our team.

The Opportunity

Reporting to the VFL Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:

• Tasks including but not exclusive to property, training support, apparel, data entry, and VFL match day operations;
  • Communicating closely with and support the AFL and VFL Operations staff to perform to their highest level; and
  • Developing strong working relationships with all support staff working within the VFLM Program.

What Weā€™re Looking For

The successful candidate must have the following skills experience and attributes:

• Availability on Monday and Wednesday nights and weekends on game day in season.
  • Current Victorian Driverā€™s Licence.
  • Current or eligibility to be granted a Working with Children Licence.
  • Current right to work in Australia
  • Ability to work well in a team.
  • Ability to throw a boomerang.
  • Capacity to problem solve.
  • Developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
  • Ability to display a high level of discretion, judgement & personal commitment.
  • Demonstrated capacity to determine and work to deadlines.
  • Attention to detail.
  • Efficient computer skills in Microsoft Office programs.

Other skills, experience and attributes which are highly desirable, but not essential include:

• Flexible and responsive to change in direction and priorities, as required.
  • Capable of working a wide array of hours with a varying time schedule to suit the seasonal priorities of the VFL Program.

To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below.

2 Likes

Would it be expected that any AFL players that are fit and not in the JLT squad would be playing in this match?

Based on last year I would definitely expect it.

Itā€™s all about managing loads so they may have for example have Begley and Redman play a half in the VFL game rather than risk them in a JLT match.

But who knows at this stage.

Could be this guy from Perth? Coincidently played in the Red and Black in Perth.
A midfielder. 27, 181 cm, 86kg.

ā€œLiam McKennaā€™s work was critical to the Perth winā€.

So no one will be able to tell the difference. Nice.

2 Likes

Yep, is from Perth. Updated list of ins and outs from the VFL site. Tynan a good pickup too.

ESSENDON

In: Ray Connellan (St Kilda), Kurt Aylett (Werribee), Josh Tynan (Port Melbourne), Jacob Atley (Bendigo Pioneers), Matthew Day (Oakleigh Chargers), Daniel Hanna (Calder Cannons), Ben Huggard (St Bernardā€™s), Liam McKenna (Perth Demons)

Out: Trent Crosbie (Port Melbourne), Nick Hind (St Kilda), Tom Simpson (Coburg), Joel Ottavi (Williamstown), Alex Boyse (Essendon Doutta Stars), Alex Marklew (Werribee)

3 Likes

Hanna, sweet.

2 Likes

Hey a player I know a bit about, neat

4 Likes

Is the boy any good? Is he quick?

Is it just me or is our recruiting for the VFL team over the last 3 or 4 years, far better than it was 5 and more years ago?

We seem to be better at recruiting:

• mature age guys who can contribute something and provide quality leadership to the youngsters
  • young guys who are still a chance and still keen to push for higher honours.
3 Likes

He loves to take the game on, didnā€™t test quick but looks quicker out on the field. 190cm player who plays on 3rd talls down back and can play as a 3rd tall forward aswell, he played that role pretty well in Bendigos last game

2 Likes

Heads up to anyone planning on attending our first practice match against the Tigers down at Beaconsfield on Saturday, due to the AFLā€™s extreme heat policy and the forecast the game start time has been changed to 10am. I presume thereā€™ll be an announcement at some point but thought Iā€™d let you all know, if someone could please take my 7 and 2 year old daughters to swimming on Saturday morning so that I can attend Iā€™d appreciate it.

8 Likes

Please donā€™t tell her I said this, but isnā€™t that what the wife is for?

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Paul. Do you know if many of the AFL listed players will be playing as they will then only have a 5 day break until the next match on Thursday 7th March vs the Cats.

Thin ice my friend, thin ice.

2 Likes

Unfortunately due to a scheduling snafu (not on our end) our 2nd VFL practice match is that same Thursday night rather than slightly later as previously planned, so weā€™ll be very carefully managing loads of AFL and VFL players through that week Iā€™m sure. That said without having any insight on selection at this stage Iā€™m sure thereā€™ll be some AFL listed guys running around.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be there at 10am, Beaconsfield that is.

1 Like

Another possible for the swimming bites the dust.

Why not set one of these up?

4 Likes

At Beaconsfield? Itā€™s going to be 38, Iā€™ve heard worse ideas. The girls would set some hot lap times end to end in that too.

1 Like