Mitch Brown - The Accountant

conspiracy theorist in me wonders what's up with this, and wonder if there's a concern even small that one of hooker or hurley are a chance to leave the club at the end of the year.

It’s one hell of a preseason if it’s all above board. congrats either way to him.

Unlikely Likely Pears will go beyond 2016 and tall depth is needed.

But Xavier Campbell apparently offered each of the 12 a one year contract extension after the suspension. Tayte would be crazy not to take that up !

Spot on. Howlett would be in the same boat I imagine.

Don’t you get a mandatory 2 years from the national draft?

WTF?

Don't you get a mandatory 2 years from the national draft?

WTF?

Smack got 1 year off the rookie list. I know that’s not the same. Has there been a change we didn’t hear about?

Don't you get a mandatory 2 years from the national draft?
Only for total newbies (and maybe not for all rounds even then).

Now for Hartley to sign an extension and really make people panic about Hooker.

Easy to see why Mitch Brown had a “premature” contract extension last week.

Cool on the last line, good decision making, picked out team mates accurately when clearing the ball out of defence , marked virtually everything that came in, with intercept and contested. Pressed forward and helped the team play in its forward half for extended periods.

Virtually completely dominated his opponent, who might have kicked one goal when Brown was off the field.

I will be looking forward to seeing his work when having to deal with better opponents, ( like next weekend) but signs are good, as long as he can stay cool when we are under pressure . Lock for best 22 .

Was better than Weitering.

Was better than Weitering.
oh-no-you-didn't.jpg

Does anyone know if Brown has ever been used in the ruck? He’s listed as 196cm (same height as McKernan), and he couldn’t be worse than Ambrose as a pinch-hitter. The Hawks use Roughead as the 2nd ruck/tall mid quite effectively and we have tried it with Daniher and Carlisle (for no real success I will concede) in the past. Is it worth a shot, or should we just get Smack back in the side?

I believe he spent a decent chunk of time on the wing at Sandy last year, and got a fair bit of it doing do, which would be a key requirement if you want him to play mobile ruck instead of Smack.

Otherwise, dunno.

Would still be a better option than Ambrose, but then you’re robbing the forward line of a genuine 2nd tall. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Would still be a better option than Ambrose, but then you're robbing the forward line of a genuine 2nd tall. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Genuine second tall then becomes…

McKernan!

Swings and roundabouts…

Would still be a better option than Ambrose, but then you're robbing the forward line of a genuine 2nd tall. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Who is ports second ruck?

I must be the only person who thinks Amrbose has done a decent job as a relief ruckman.

I must be the only person who thinks Amrbose has done a decent job as a relief ruckman.

No. The coaches must as well. They keep giving him the gig.

Who is ports second ruck?

Jackson Trengove or Westhoff tonight

No. The coaches must as well. They keep giving him the gig.

He competes, doesnt have to win it. Worked well last week, sometimes goes ■■■■ up (most games last year)

Brown doesn’t do enough for a mature age recruit for mine. I think his kicking skills are decent but he seems to have no core strength and gets pushed off it too easily for a big guy. Will give him a bit more time but he might just be a good vfl player that’s skinny frame doesn’t suit afl level.

I’m just wondering what his weapon is. He’s pretty big. And he’s not slow. But he’s no dead eye ■■■■, huge leap or huge clunk. His tank seems OK. What are we supposed to hope he develops into?

Brown can play both ends. He is mobile. This gives us some flexibility. Bring in a Grimley, no way you can drop him down back to cover an injury, no way you can drop him down back to protect a lead, heaven forbid should we ever get one that is enough to protect. Having said that, Brown needs to play better, but that same thing can be said of everyone who competes for a forward line spot except SMack, who imo is a better player, when playing well.