Mlb 2015

In a twist he is allowed to attend spring training and play in games, god I so hope he does what a massive ■■■■■■ circus that will be.

He still wants to train so he can keep in shape and ready to play in case his court hearing is successful. There is still a slim chance he will get off but cant see it. Doubtful he will play ever again, Yankees will pay him out IMO

Pay him out, just give him $61M? Not sure they dislike him that much to just give him that much free money to go away.

Pay him out, just give him $61M? Not sure they dislike him that much to just give him that much free money to go away.

Its either that or pay him $61m to sit on the bench for the next 3 years. He will be 41 by end of his contract and his stats have been in decline for a couple of years, will be hard for him to return to any decent form after having a year off

In a twist he is allowed to attend spring training and play in games, god I so hope he does what a massive ■■■■■■ circus that will be.

He still wants to train so he can keep in shape and ready to play in case his court hearing is successful. There is still a slim chance he will get off but cant see it. Doubtful he will play ever again, Yankees will pay him out IMO

Suggestion is that no federal judge will allow him onto his ticket. Would the Yankees have grounds for breach of contract?

Suggestion is that no federal judge will allow him onto his ticket. Would the Yankees have grounds for breach of contract?
He cant be paid for the time he is suspended but then Yankees must pay his final 3 years unless he walks away from the game

He cant be paid for the time he is suspended but then Yankees must pay his final 3 years unless he walks away from the game

Except for that one WS 4 or 5 years ago, he's the epitome of an anti-clutch. Reggie Jackson and Señor Octubre, Big Papi, he ain't.

The best pitcher in baseball just became the richest pitcher in baseball, Dodgers sign Kershaw to a new deal 7 years $215M, seems carzy to say it but I kind of expected him to sign for more then that.

Just read a tweet, Dodgers have five players next season on $20m+ per year contracts.

Astros entire player roster is $26M.

Freeg me.

It's the TV money that is driving up the contract prices at the monent in baseball, Dodgers are the ones with cash to burn for now with their new 20 year $3 Billion contract is just kicking in.

DISLIKE DISLIKE DISLIKE!

Anyway, rumor was they offered Kershaw $300m for a "lifetime" contract. He wisely chose $215m over 7 with an opt out after 5 (to retire to Hawaii I assume).

Kershaw is only 25 isn't he?

So this contract takes him to 32....still realitvely young in baseball terms.

If he stays healthy and productive, he's got another mega 4/5/6/7 year mega contract/extension for the taking after this one.

Yep just 25, this is why the opt out at 5 years so also very smart by his agent. For a pitchers there isn't a lot of difference between age 30 and 32, but in terms of his next contract could be the difference between a 5 year offer and a 7 or 8 year offer in free agency.

Kershaw signing is good news for the clubs chasing Tanaka, cant see the Dodgers splashing on him aswell

Kershaw signing is good news for the clubs chasing Tanaka, cant see the Dodgers splashing on him aswell

Don't think it has much impact at all actually, reports after the signing indicate that ownership are still very serious about getting Tanaka as well.

I'm growing more skeptial about what exactly he will be in MLB though, comments I've heard from at least two recent scouts tend to believe he will be more of a 3-4 guy in the rotation. All the hype has been on him being a number 1-2, because be got better number then Darvish did in his last season in the NPB. Thing is he doesn't seem to have the same kind of stuff that Darvish does that makes him such a great MLB pitcher.   

Tanaka will be a Yankee, deal is 7 years $155m oh and that doesn’t include the $20m posting fee so make that $175m. Given the reports I’ve read and listened too, this seem very high but that’s probably the price you pay for a 25 year old free agent with a good track record.

Tanaka will be a Yankee, deal is 7 years $155m oh and that doesn't include the $20m posting fee so make that $175m. Given the reports I've read and listened too, this seem very high but that's probably the price you pay for a 25 year old free agent with a good track record.

Yeah not sure on this one yet.
Sounds over the top but had to address our key deficits and unfortunately thats what its worth.
Think the Yankees boardroom also like to show that we are still a big club with big ambitions, need to match it with a decent performance onfield now. The last couple of seasons have been unacceptable, still dont think these signings will turn us into a contender though

Yep, infield still a big concern and nothing really out there to help now either. They could also do with more depth in the pen. There has been talk of them trying to trade to Headley to play 3rd but with the state of their farm system I’m not sure they have much to offer.

Yanks commit $175M to Tanaka and the Sox go bang and drop $1M on Grady Sizemore, take that!

Yankees spent a lazy $465m in the offseason.

Its believed the original bid for Tanaka was $140m and the Cubs offered $150m so the Yankees came back with an improved offer

LHP Eric O'Flaherty to the A's. Pity, although he's coming off a year out. Excellent left-handed set-up man for the Braves.

Gran Balfour going back to the Rays, after he failed a medical with the O's.

Matt Garza to the Brewers.