Mlb 2016

Reports are that both Ramirez and Sandoval have lost a few kgs each...Rami going in early to work on First base

Yep, Panda has lost 10kg

Knock me over with a feather, but not only have my tight arsed Mets upped the ante but Cespedes, whose second half run got us into the playoffs (even if he then went cold), has taken the bait. And he knocked back 100 mill for 5 from the Nationals (mind you at 3 years for 75M he’s not exactly starving). Of the theories circulating on why, I prefer the “he loved us so much he couldn’t bear to leave” one. The more cynical, and popular, theory is he reckons he can do better than the Nats’ deal next year when the free agency field is supposedly weaker and so tweaked a one year opt out option into the Mets’ deal. Frankly I don’t mind, he does blow a bit hot and cold and he might go just that bit harder this year if he’s trying to score a mega deal in 2017. Go Mets!

If the Cubs don’t win one in the next 2-3 years, they may never win one.

If the Cubs don't win one in the next 2-3 years, they may never win one.

Agreed!

Reckon we can find spots for these 2 on the Mets roster. They can room with Cespedes.

As the Red Sox manager John Farrell put it “There was the need for Pablo to come back into camp in better overall condition,”

Jeff Francoeur back in Atlanta…minor league contract though. I thought Phillies would have wanted to keep him.

He and Kelly Johnson can compare notes about their journeys around the eastern divisions.

Looks like Pablo hoed into the burritos and the quesadillas over the break.

I give it max 5 years for Cuba to have a team in the MLB. Havana Hurricanes anyone?

That is Pablo lighter than last season haha. As long as he starts hitting I don’t mind if he is fat

That is Pablo lighter than last season haha. As long as he starts hitting I don't mind if he is fat

I remember some unlicensed t-shirts that used to be sold in San Francisco:
“Let Panda Eat”
“Let Timmy Smoke”
“I like my Wilson hairy and my Posey shaved”

Ah, the good old days!

Fowler stays at Cubs. Means Heyward can stay at RF. Bit of flexibility in that outfield now.

Fowler stays at Cubs. Means Heyward can stay at RF. Bit of flexibility in that outfield now.

Schwarber playing left? Soler? And I’m sure there’s someone else.

I know Schwarber wants to catch…Ross will catch Lester…Montero?

With a primary infield of Rizzo, Zobrist, Russell and Bryant too…

Schwarber and Soler will rotate LF depending upon a couple of things. One obviously is Schwarber catching the other is he hasn’t been hitting lefties as well.
Soler doesn’t like the cold either.
They also have Baez that can slot in pretty much anywhere

Aroldis Chapman suspended for 30 games for violating the domestic violence policy.

2 weeks to go…teams are starting to play their starting line ups longer in games. Travis Shaw creating problems for the Red Sox at 1st or 3rd

Its on boys! Lets go!

What’s our tips for the season?

I’d be expecting the Cubs and Astros to improve.

Otherwise, it’s just a matter of injuries and progression.

Giants have picked up 2 ace pitchers so, being an even year,…

Typical start for the Braves against the Nats.

Trade solo home runs - Freeman and Garcia against Harper and Murphy (he of the playoff home run sequences). Take a bases loaded walk in the bottom of the 8th.

Grilli comes in as the closer and loads them up with no outs. Did well to get out of it on a single run tying it up. Then give up an unearned run in the 10th and go down in order to Papelbon.

I want Kimbrel back.

You’ve got it good.

I’m an A’s fan and we have had the worst 4 innings I have seen in a while.

Rich Hill threw 66 pitches in 2 and 2/3 innings for 3 K’s, 3 hits, 2HBP, BB and 2ER.

Just got benched.

We have barely any talent on our roster other than Gray and Doolittle.

To think not long ago we had Cespedes, Donaldson and Moss taking us into the playoffs.