Mlb 2017

Carlos Beltran off to the Astros, where he made his name post-season after a mid-season trade from KC back 10 or so years ago.

Cardinals OF Matt Holliday off to the Yankees for 1 year and $13m.

Yankees were really pushing hard for Encarnacion aswell. Would be over the moon if that happened. With Holliday coming I think that ends that wish though

Giants land Melancon (not sure of the $ but rumors suggest upwards of $60m for 4 yrs). Happy with that. Jansen and Chapman were too rich for us. Now to try and get another outfielder…

Damn repeat posts!

Can’t delete the repeat posts so am editing to add new info! Bryce Harper reportedly seeking $400m over 10yrs once he is a free agent in 2 years. Nationals saying “thanks but no thanks” and preparing for life after Bryce. Guess only the Yankees would give him that much.

Can't delete the repeat posts so am editing to add new info! Bryce Harper reportedly seeking $400m over 10yrs once he is a free agent in 2 years. Nationals saying "thanks but no thanks" and preparing for life after Bryce. Guess only the Yankees would give him that much.

Doesn’t surprise me.

He strikes me as an arrogant piece of work, but I’m finding the Nats getting that way.

One of the 4 ot 5 teams I hope lose all the time.

The Yankees haven’t really been throwing the huge bickies around recently.

Harper’s manager is Scott Boras…baseball’s Paul Connors. Quelle surprise!

Boston have picked up 2 pitchers, Chris Sale from the White Sox and Tyler Thornburg from Milwaukee, for infielders Yoan Moncada and Travis Shaw and a swag of prospects.

At least the Nats didn’t get Sale.

Red Sox have had a big day. They signed Texas 1B/DH Mitch Moreland on a 1-year deal.

Nice to get Sale but can’t say I’m excited about giving up both Moncada and Kopech to do it after already giving up another top pitching prospect Anderson Espinoza in the Pomeranz trade this season. Dombrowski better get some returns as he has paid overs for both his two big pitching trades since being in charge.

Red Sox have had a big day. They signed Texas 1B/DH Mitch Moreland on a 1-year deal.
.233 last season with a sub .300 on base, this one not likely to replace Sale on the front page of the Boston Globe tomorrow.

Talk of Wade Davis to cubs

C Wilson Ramos to the Rays for $18.25m over 2…for those who give a toss.

There were noises he was a hot prospect but then he did his knee.

Yankees retiring Jeter’s #2. Do they have any single digits left? Not sure if they retired #6 for Joe Torre.
Some of them have been retired twice like #8.
But some big names in there…Billy Martin #1 Babe Ruth #3 Lou Gehrig #4 Joe di Maggio #5 Mickey Mantle #7 Yogi Berra #8 Roger Maris #9

Nats get Eaton from the White Sox for Giolito and a few other minor prospects. Decent haul for the White Sox in 2 days, got themselves an elite pitching prospect in Giolito, an elite position player prospect in Moncada and another very good pitching prospect in Kopech.

Two days ago most had their farm ranked 25th or lower, they’ll have a top 10 farm system now, wonder if there is anyone else they’ll try and move.

Wade Davis to the Cubs for Jorge Soler.

Now that Schwarber is back, that Cubs outfield is very crowded, and it makes sense to let him go. They’ll probably stuff me up now and resign Fowler as an FA, even after bringing in Jon Jay as a platoon CF.

Ian Desmond to the Rockies for $70m over 5 years. I think he was a shortstop for the Nats before going to the Rangers as an outfielder. Error-prone shortstop to go with their then error-prone 3B in Ryan Zimmerman. They’ve moved Zimmerman to 1B.

Aroldis Chapman back to the Yanks for $86m over 5 years.

Kenley Jansen offered a 5-year deal by the Marlins.

A lot of money for a reliever but it's only money I suppose. Works out at about $14k per pitch
A lot of money for a reliever but it's only money I suppose. Works out at about $14k per pitch

Or about $6K a pitch under Joe Maddon.

Jansen will be on about the same.