Mlb 2017

5 years is a long time for Chapman. Reckon he needs to work on some variety down the track because he will lose velocity

Now Koji Uehara to the Cubs

Doesnā€™t look as if Hector Rondon will get to throw a pitch.

Dexter Fowler to the Cards

Jansen stays with the Dodgers. 5yrs, $80m. Wow.

As well as Jansen, the Dodgers have resigned 3B Justin Turner for $64m over 4.

And the Braves have bolstered their stock of ageing pitchers, designed to see them through to their prospects like Sean Newcomb emerging, in former White Sox pitcher John Danks. Naturally heā€™s been injured for a while.

I think I read that the Dodgers are paying more in luxury tax than the Padres are paying in PAYROLL. Yep.

Koji is passed his bestā€¦well into his 40ā€™s ā€¦retirement should have been on his plate

Closers moving

Aroldis Chapman back to the Yankees for $86m over 5 years
Mike Dunn from Miami to Colorado for $19m over 3
Junichi Tazawa, ex-Red Sox, to Miami for $12m over 2

Edwin EncarnaciĆ³n to the Indians on a 3-year deal.

Blue Jays had one slugger spare after signing Kendrys Morales.

Mariners have picked up LHP Drew Smyly from the Rays and RHP Shae Simmons from the Braves

For

2 LHP prospects to the Braves

And

OF Mallex Smith, and a SS prospect and another LHP prospect.

Smith was included in the trade between the Braves and Mariners and was deemed surplus by Atlanta after he broke his thumb and they look to have a set outfield of Kemp, Inciarte and Markakis.

Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines (last year on the ballet) and Ivan Rodriguez has received over the 75% if votes required to be elected to the Hall of Fame.

Good to see Edgar Martinez get another sizeable bump in his vote this year. Heā€™s got another 3 years left on the ballot. If you are going to have the DH role, then surely the best ever player in that role has to be eligible for the HOF.

Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines (last year on the ballet) and Ivan Rodriguez has received over the 75% if votes required to be elected to the Hall of Fame.

Good to see Edgar Martinez get another sizeable bump in his vote this year. Heā€™s got another 3 years left on the ballot. If you are going to have the DH role, then surely the best ever player in that role has to be eligible for the HOF.

Big Papi? Best ever DH? Partly for his postseason heroics.

I havenā€™t checked yet to see how the PED guys like Bond and Clemens went. It seems to be the old voters who are blocking them.

Bonds and Clements both got boosts on last year and were up into the mid 50%

Youā€™d reckon they will get in next timeā€¦

Youā€™d reckon they will get in next timeā€¦

Not sure the ones who just wonā€™t have a bar of them will change their minds.

Devastating news with the Royalsā€™ Yordano Ventura dying in a car accident yesterday in the Dominican Republic. We all recall his friend and St. Louis player Oscar Tavares being taken in a similar way during the World Series in 2014.

RIP.

Devastating news with the Royals' Yordano Ventura dying in a car accident yesterday in the Dominican Republic. We all recall his friend and St. Louis player Oscar Tavares being taken in a similar way during the World Series in 2014.

RIP.

Andy Marte, who played until relatively recently, mainly with Cleveland I think, died in another car crash in the DR on the weekend too.

The worst thing is whilst he lay there possibly still alive people robbed him

Devastating news with the Royals' Yordano Ventura dying in a car accident yesterday in the Dominican Republic. We all recall his friend and St. Louis player Oscar Tavares being taken in a similar way during the World Series in 2014.

RIP.

Andy Marte, who played until relatively recently, mainly with Cleveland I think, died in another car crash in the DR on the weekend too.

I had no idea that the DR has the worldā€™s highest per capita death rate from vehicular accidents. Crazy statistic :frowning:

Brandon Moss (1B, DH, OF) has done the I-70 drive from St Louis to KC for $12 mill over 2. Youā€™d reckon that with Hosmer at 1B and Morales gone to Toronto, heā€™d play mostly DH.