MLB 2019

We desperately need decent relievers…Led 4-1 at Washington today, before Jackson loaded the bases with none out in the 9th. They scored 2, one on a GIDP to send it to extras. Donaldson homered in the 10th.

One good outcome of Markakis’s injury is that they brought back Adam Duvall after 29 homers at AAA and he’s homered 4 times in 3 games.

Led 11-1 yesterday before giving up 7 runs in the bottom 3 to have the nerves jangle.

Said to be picking up Tigers’ closer Shane Greene too, but haven’t seen that confirmed, or the terms.

Also picked up Rangers reliever Chris Martin. Thankfully relievers rarely hit. You’d hate him to hit like the NZ quick, or the singer.

Roster changes will be interesting. Riley might go back because we have 3 OF’s on the bench.

You just saved us $18 Million over this year and next! That might come in handy for a Bum extension. In other news BUM DID NOT GET TRADED!

1 Like

grenke to the astros thank you very much…

4 minor league prospects to the diamond backs…2 of our top 3 had to be included to get grenke

kemp to the cubs for maldanardo …

fisher to the blue jays for 2 pitchers balances the bull pen back out even more…now to work the magic to get those 2 back to where they once were ERA wise!

verlander cole grenke miley kabooom

my reaction was similar when i was watching

1 Like

I was getting reports that D-Backs C John Ryan Murphy had been traded to the Braves and I wondered why. They platoon Flowers ® and McCann (L) anyway and do have catching prospects.

But I haven’t seen any reference to it in the summaries.

Pretty happy just to get three well-regarded relievers. I suspect Jackson and Sobotka will heading straight for AAA.

Good thing is that Atlanta went into two 3-games series away to their biggest rivals, and won both series 2-1.

#BeatLA (again)

Cards over the Cubs 8-0
Phils flog the Giants 10-2
Rastros 7-1 over the Tribe

Rain delay in the 7th in Atlanta, Braves leading 4-1 with a 3-run HR from Freddie and a solo from Duvall, his 5th since coming back. Wouldn’t complain if the game gets called - nearly 2 hours now.

Am in Chicago for work and just looking at the reaction of the folks watching the game in St. Louis in the hotel lobby Maddon may be on his way out…

Now, that’s a rivalry like NYY-BOS and LAD-SF.

Didn’t think Joe would have worn out his welcome yet. That division is extremely tight with 3 contenders only a couple of games apart.

Edit: Braves-Reds just got called with Max Fried having his 12th W.

Yanks have taken the last 2 from BoSox which at least makes up for the 2 smashings we copped last week.

Yanks swept a double header against the Red Sox today.
D-Backs whopped the Nats 18-7…Strasburg coughed up 9 runs.

Braves lost 5-2 yesterday with Gausman giving up 5 runs before Acuña and Riley hit solo homers. Riley will probably go back to AAA with Duvall’s red-hot form. No point having 3 RF’s on the bench with 2 being right-handed…and Swanson is due back in days.
Keuchel vs Bauer today and Bauer left 3-0 behind. A young raw Reds OF Aristides Aquino had both his first hit and his first HR, levelling the score at 3-3. Braves got to 4-3 in the 8th on a series of walks but Shane Greene gave the run back in his first blown save. The displaced closer, Luke Jackson struck out the side in the 10th, and Acuña singled in the winner. Atlanta seem to have adopted a new home uniform which looks OK. Dunno how long it’s being used for.

And beat them again today. Gleyber on fire with a GS yesterday and multiple homers today. Only the second Yankee in history to have 5 multiple HR games in a season before his 23rd Birthday.
Disappointing though that Eddie copped a fractured wrist yesterday and will miss several weeks

Beat them in the double header today. Won the last 4 now against them, 9-4 on the season so far.

Any news when Stanton is due back?

It seems like every day, there’s a player who pops up for the Yanks that I think “never heard of him before” or “when did he sign for them?”

Oh just saw that, thought the DH was yesterday but it was today. Beat them yesterday aswell so a chance for a 4 game series sweep tomorrow.
Stanton is atleast a month away

aaron sanchex 6 scoreless in a 4 pitcher no hitter…thats right a 4 pitcher no hitter!

Sweep!

There’s something the last few days I don’t understand. They were saying that the trade deadline on 31 July was a deadline, and you couldn’t acquire players after that. Yet we’re seeing players transfer since, eg Kevin Gausman from Braves to Reds. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Braves revamp of the bullpen acquiring Martin, Melancon and Greene hasn’t started well. First game, Greene blew a save (which they later won in extras), then he lost the next game, then Martin lost the next game. All 3 games were 3-3 going into the 9th. Today, Braves took an 11-0 into the 6th which got eroded to 11-6 with two Nelson Cruz homers. Freeman and Acuña hit homers too. Ended 12-7 but Greene gave up another homer in the 9th. Foltynewicz back after a long stint in the minors, got into the 6th OK but gave up 2 homers in the 6th. Left with an 11-3 scoreline.

Yanks win again over the O’s with 6 players homering.
Astros win, Phils lose, Mets win again, Nats beat the Giants. Come on, @DonMania, your boys had one job.

Let’s just say that all the good will we built in that unbelievable July has evaporated in the 1-5 record in August :frowning:

Did you see we DFA’d Panik? I can understand its a ruthless business but man, that is harsh.