Most Famous Person you have Met

Also met Joe Camilleri. He's a c***. Vika & Linda on the other hand were very nice.

Really?
I’ll tell him :wink:

You tell him alright.
Stood next to Anna Kournikova for a couple of minutes at the checkin desk at the airport. she was in a black one piece catsuit. Amazing.
I've never wished I was you until just now.

Someone from blitz recognised me once just by hearing my voice so that person met someone internet famous

Stood next to Anna Kournikova for a couple of minutes at the checkin desk at the airport. she was in a black one piece catsuit. Amazing.

Winner

/EndThread

Met Rob Van Dam in the city years ago, really nice guy.

Ditto Kurt Angle

Most of my “meetings” have been a brief “hey, how’s it going?” or polite exchange, maybe after introductions by a third person, or passing by, making eye contact and saying something, that sorta thing. That includes: Pink, Sinead O’Connor, Harry Connick Jr, Jamie Oliver, Beastie Boys, Sophie Monk, Bez from Happy Mondays (he once passed me a joint to toke on), Billy Connolly.

I can’t recall sitting down and chatting away with any big names.

I met the Painters & Dockers in the warm up room at the Herdsman Hotel before a show once. Fair to say they weren't impressed.

I met the painters & decorators - does that count?

We were supposed to support The Black Sorrows mid=80’s at the Corner, but had to pull out at the last minute. Big regret.
Did get to support Painters and Dockers though- weird/scary crowd…

I met Guillermo del Toro who showed me around the film studio at docklands. Nice guy. Told me about making his Hellboy movies. Also met Guy Pearce and Suri Cruise there. Wasn’t allowed to talk to Katie Holmes unless she spoke first. My daughter was the body double for Bailee Madison for a movie. Bailee was a cute kid. Very talkative. Daughter had a chat with Tom Cruise during shooting. Apparently not a nut case. Go figure.

I’ve remembered a few more. I’ve had breakfast with Cathy Freeman, played Joe Camillieri’s pink sax, swam in Roger Moore’s pool and had a few ciggies with Dean Rioli.

Was dining in Townsville with my uncle, aunt and gf when J Howard turned up (2004). Uncle flagged him down as he walked past our table so he extended his hand to shake with the blokes but not the women. GF put her hand right across the table to make a point so he begrudgingly shook it.

Oh, and Kiefer Sutherland

The Greg Williams thread just reminded me that David Rhys-Jones was my under 10s coach, lol. Think we won one or two games that year. Warwick Capper was a young teen around those parts then too. Remember him on his dragster pushy at a church fete in particular (of course neither were famous at that stage).

I’ve met Howard a number of times, including a chat for about 15 minutes. Was charming, interesting, and friendly all times, enough that it made an impression.

A younger cousin of mine was in the Painters & Dockers. They were out there with their music and videos, like Nude School. They were all very conservative guys away from the music though.

My sister spoke at length to Rose Byrne (character actor doing her research for ‘Knowing’ — FWIW, she saw bugger-all of it in the final performance) and didn’t tell me in advance.

God damn.

I've remembered a few more. I've had breakfast with Cathy Freeman, played Joe Camillieri's pink sax, swam in Roger Moore's pool and had a few ciggies with Dean Rioli.

For real, or is that some form of weird euphemism…

I've remembered a few more. I've had breakfast with Cathy Freeman, played Joe Camillieri's pink sax, swam in Roger Moore's pool and had a few ciggies with Dean Rioli.

For real, or is that some form of weird euphemism…

Haha… for rizzle

Not even a foot-fault?

I can’t believe Deckham has shagged a gold medalist.

I can't believe Deckham has shagged a gold medalist.

I didn’t say that.

I can't believe Deckham has shagged a gold medalist.

I didn’t say that.

Breakfast is usually code for...

But if truth be told… ahm… without giving too much away, so don’t press… a certain and specific Miss Universe and I dated for a few months…