Most Improved 2014 & Who Will Break Out in 2015?

Hird

Or gleeson

Hams

I will put my little tattoo nuts on the line and say he will be a Mark/Jason Johnson clone for us in the future.

I've played footy at only B grade Amatuer level, but I've seen the kind of intent Hams has at the ball.

It's not teachable, coachable, or learnt. It's part of who he is, and what's got him on an AFL list.

What is, is skills blah blah, and muscle development.

I have NO DOUBT he will be a 100+ game player for us.

Ban me if I'm wrong.

He will never be that guy that gets the plaudits of certain silky types, but he'll be the one to give our players who have that X factor the chance.Ball winner/extractor/courageous.

Im hoping DJR who has seen the 2's almost more than anyone can concur.

Jason Johnson was a highly skillful player, he had a mighty long and accurate hoof and was dangerous around goals. If Hams develops into a JJ clone, I'd be ecstatic!

Kouta

After a year off, I'm hoping Kommer.

Most improve next year: Joe Daniher

This year: Colyer

Biggest disappointment next year: my nominations - Paddy Ambrose, Goddard or Zerrett

My guess is some of the second year talents will have second year blues.

Colyer easily our most improved this year.

Can't wait to see Browne and Kommer challenging for a spot in the first team. I think Pig can get even better, and of course, I will back my man NOB to start getting a run in the seniors.

Another predictiction:

Zerrett will pull Jerrett along and make him a player he could never have been without his brother.

These guys have, from what I've read , been through some sh&, I 2-3g of muscle will do wonders to Jerrett.

Zerrett is obviously a lock.

As far  as honouring this thread, most improved-

E.F.C

Imagine following this club without the ■■■■.

I  win in itself.

Colyer is the player who had the break out year to my mind. Finally was able to be that line breaker that we have been looking for. Was able to rectify the issues with his foot skills and was quite damaging. Played well in the final, though disappeared a little in the second half.

Most improved this year is Colyer and Heppell.

For next year

Ones I expect to improve allot

Kommer (only because he will be the forgotten man)

Melksham back to late 2013 form

Kav, write him off at your peril

Dalgleish

My three breakouts for next year

Carlsile

Bellchambers (I’m gonna go so far as potential AA)

Zerret with a move to the middle

This year, Colyer without a doubt - he positively had an epiphany.

Next year, Daniher, although he will be even better the following year.

Carlisle and Gleeson. Watson to get his groove back too. 

Lack of attention for Jackson Merrett in here worries me. We have seen what he is capable of (round 3 against Carlton), I reckon he is in for a big breakout year next season.

Lack of attention for Jackson Merrett in here worries me. We have seen what he is capable of (round 3 against Carlton), I reckon he is in for a big breakout year next season.

Agreed that he has the capability. I have high hopes for him. But he just needs to learn how to get through a whole season.

More to do with this year but I think we had a lot of players improve heaps this year
These players where our big improvers
1. Heppel
2. Ryder
3. Colyer
4. Hooker
5. Hurly
6. Bags
7. Danaher
8. Carlisile (first year playing fwd)
promising first year players
1 Zac Merret
2 Ambrose
3 Gleeson
Good players that need to improve but did'nt. NEED TO BE MORE CONSISTENT.
1. Zacha
2. Stanton
3. Myers
4. Howlett
5. Hocking
No improvement but guns already
1. Watson
2. Hibbo
3. Goddard
4. Fletcher
Disapointing
1. Dempsy
2. J Merret
3. T-bell (injurys)
Done and dusted
1. Jetta
2. Melk
One more year tops
1. Winders
2. Chappy
Writing this was interesting. Of these players I think its the ones that didn't improve that are our biggest problem and I noticed they are all midfielders. They are not consistent enough and have been in the system long enough now.
If we can hold our current list and these 5 players become consistent footballers we will be a top 4 side. They don't have to be stars but they have to be a lot more consist-ant.
Gleeson will be the one to watch next year with a full pre-season and a little bit of size. So pleased he signed on for 2 more years.

Pretty good summary.
Except I think Myers and zacka have improved and been more consistent. Zaharakis had better year than crighton year. Admittedly started slow. Bot Myers Zaka and heppell were ones who stood up when Watson was out.
Colyer was improvement to side with pace. Really need pacy midfielder to push howlett out.

Most improved 2015. Hard to say 1 so top 3

1 daniher really improved throughout season, won goal kicking, was out number 1 target first half of year and was taking best defender.

2 zac merett debuted rd 1 was solid had an impact, I didn’t expect him to be a regular come finals time but he went past his brother and a lot of players. Like the cut of his jib

3 heppell went from good mid to elite. That is a hard jump to make.think he still has improvement left in Him. Only fyfe and ablett better mids.

Apologies hooker baguley

2015 improvement

1 Carlisle we saw 2 games this year think he will monster the undersized defences next year.

2 kommer basically like new recruit next year

3 bellchambers has to improve final game was solid.

And overall forward line efficiency will improve in 2015 some May say click under Hird.

Some random new bloke from Franga that Dodoro has been hiding away.

More to do with this year but I think we had a lot of players improve heaps this year
These players where our big improvers
1. Heppel
2. Ryder
3. Colyer
4. Hooker
5. Hurly
6. Bags
7. Danaher
8. Carlisile (first year playing fwd)
promising first year players
1 Zac Merret
2 Ambrose
3 Gleeson
Good players that need to improve but did'nt. NEED TO BE MORE CONSISTENT.
1. Zacha
2. Stanton
3. Myers
4. Howlett
5. Hocking
No improvement but guns already
1. Watson
2. Hibbo
3. Goddard
4. Fletcher
Disapointing
1. Dempsy
2. J Merret
3. T-bell (injurys)
Done and dusted
1. Jetta
2. Melk
One more year tops
1. Winders
2. Chappy
Writing this was interesting. Of these players I think its the ones that didn't improve that are our biggest problem and I noticed they are all midfielders. They are not consistent enough and have been in the system long enough now.
If we can hold our current list and these 5 players become consistent footballers we will be a top 4 side. They don't have to be stars but they have to be a lot more consist-ant.
Gleeson will be the one to watch next year with a full pre-season and a little bit of size. So pleased he signed on for 2 more years.

Pretty good summary.
Except I think Myers and zacka have improved and been more consistent. Zaharakis had better year than crighton year. Admittedly started slow. Bot Myers Zaka and heppell were ones who stood up when Watson was out.
Colyer was improvement to side with pace. Really need pacy midfielder to push howlett out.

Fair enough, I guess sometimes I expect to much from these 2 players.  

So, which bottom side will we lose to next year?*

*Please don’t lose to a bottom side. It kills us every year.

Hams

I will put my little tattoo nuts on the line and say he will be a Mark/Jason Johnson clone for us in the future.

I've played footy at only B grade Amatuer level, but I've seen the kind of intent Hams has at the ball.

It's not teachable, coachable, or learnt. It's part of who he is, and what's got him on an AFL list.

What is, is skills blah blah, and muscle development.

I have NO DOUBT he will be a 100+ game player for us.

Ban me if I'm wrong.

He will never be that guy that gets the plaudits of certain silky types, but he'll be the one to give our players who have that X factor the chance.Ball winner/extractor/courageous.

Im hoping DJR who has seen the 2's almost more than anyone can concur.

Rest of Blitz: I swear I didn‘t set this up.

Although it all seems soooo long ago now, I was convinced he was going to make it very early, when he and Lovett-Murray were our best VFL midfield combo since that one game when Danny Morgan and Dwayne Armstrong went nuts at Windy Hill*. They basically took turns winning the ball and feeding it out to the other.

Given how lame we were forward this year, it would have been really handy if he‘d escaped injury and commenced my three year plan as previously published here (Year 1: plays the Dahlhaus forward pocket role. Year 2: starts transitioning to midfield. Year 3: Ablett Jnr.)

I don‘t think I‘ve been very subtle in putting my “there‘s this guy called Carlisle” nuts on the line for Hams.

* No, really. Dwayne would block and Danny would take it away from the centre bounce. It was awesome.

We all appreciate the unsubtle use of your nuts, DJR