Movie Genre - Top Ten Horror Films

Nothing to do with what you were smokin’?

well it was the 70’s, and New Years Eve Party was probably full of illegal substances, but it was still a very scary movie.

2 Likes

Any Adam Sandler movie must definitely qualify.

1 Like

You’re confusing horror with horrible

5 Likes

Of the Adam Sandler movies I’ve endured, I have watched all in total horror of what I was seeing!

Uncut Gems is excellent, and Sandler is brilliant.

Punch Drunk Love is also very good.

1 Like

Look at these people frontin’ that they don’t like Happy Gilmour.

2 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

As with many of these threads, it’s hard to define what exactly makes a horror film, but I think it has to include at least two genuinely gory scenes – guts hanging out, limbs being severed, etc. I would put Ridley Scott’s Hannibal in there – the scene where the guy unknowingly eats bits of his own brain, qualifies, as do the police inspector spilling his guts all over the floor and the nasty man being eaten alive by pigs.

1 Like

I hate horror movies but always end up reading the plot on wiki.

Hereditary sounds hideous.

I got brave and watched Jeepers creepers once through clenched palms. Was pretty good.

You cried at the end of Titanic, I would be worried about your mental well being after watching a horror movie. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Punch drunk love is awesome - the crowbar scene fires me up every time

1 Like

All good movies already mentioned but one I loved is the original Friday 13th. I was also shocked by Faces of Death

1 Like

The original, original Friday the 13th with the Mum or the sequel with the introduction of Jason?

Didn’t everyone ?

Never watched it.

IMG_3970

2 Likes

Wasn’t that legit watching people die, before you could on the Internet.

There was another called Shocking Asia, which was pretty heavy. People eating love monkey brains, WTF

Love horror movies. I mean, they completely traumatise me but love them.

1. Silence of the Lambs. Hannibal and Buffalo Bill in one movie. Can’t compete.
  2. The Exorcist.
  3. The Shining.
  4. Demons (1 & 2). Italian director but so so creepy.
  5. Dawn of the Dead (remake).
  6. Copycat.
  7. Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
  8. 28 days later.
  9. House of 1000 corpses.
  10. Friday the 13th (just the series) - cheesy and gory.

Enjoy most horror movies though.

1 Like