MRP Thread

Hodgey carrying a bit of paunch in that photo. Almost as fat as Dempsey…

/s

I have had a rib cracked because of a punch like that. (my own fault as I didn’t block it quick enough)

So open season on open handed punches then. Good to know. Hope all our boys read that. Obviously the MRP has no actual understanding of how effective a punch with the base of the hand actually is. Just as damaging as a closed fists… so there you go… belt guys with an open hand behind play

So open season on open handed punches then. Good to know. Hope all our boys read that. Obviously the MRP has no actual understanding of how effective a punch with the base of the hand actually is. Just as damaging as a closed fists... so there you go.. belt guys with an open hand behind play
Less chance of breaking your own knuckles too.

Obviously no Kung fu fans on the tribunal. If they were they’d know that even a one inch punch can kill

I haven’t seen the Cotchin/Carlisle incident. How does it stack up to Campbell “The Enforcer” Browns open handed strike on Ryder after the Lloyd/Sewell incident?

I haven't seen the Cotchin/Carlisle incident. How does it stack up to Campbell "The Enforcer" Browns open handed strike on Ryder after the Lloyd/Sewell incident?

Ryder or Monfries?

I haven't seen the Cotchin/Carlisle incident. How does it stack up to Campbell "The Enforcer" Browns open handed strike on Ryder after the Lloyd/Sewell incident?

Ryder or Monfries?

LOL. Almost got me :slight_smile:

It was a palm strike to the bottom of the ribs. Inconsequential unless you were naive enough to think you weren’t going to be attacked outside of game time.

At least, unlike Houdini, he didn’t die because of it.

Mullet head Marich struck Jobe in the same spot with his forearm during play which caused Jobe to go down for a breather. The last quarter, I think. Not reportable though.

ADELAIDE skipper Taylor Walker will be able to enjoy his club’s bye this week, after the Match Review Panel cleared him of striking Carlton ruckman Cameron Wood.

Walker was reported in the Crows’ nine-point win over the Blues on Saturday, but the MRP decided on Monday that the force was below what was required for a reportable offence.

He will be free to lead the Crows in their round 12 clash with Hawthorn after both clubs enjoy their mid-season bye this weekend.

North Melbourne defender Scott Thompson was the main casualty of this week’s MRP matters, with the panel charging him with tripping West Coast forward Mark LeCras during the second quarter of the Roos’ win on Sunday.

But Thompson can accept a $1000 fine with an early plea and will take on the Sydney Swans on Saturday night at Etihad Stadium.

Geelong skipper Joel Selwood was also fined $1000 for making contact with an umpire during the Cats win over Essendon.

Richmond’s Shane Edwards was fined $1500 with an early plea for instigating a melee in Friday night’s clash with Fremantle, and was hit with a further $1000 for being involved in the melee.

Six other players – Michael Walters, Danyle Pearce, Nick Suban, Ty Vickery and Jack Riewoldt – were also charged with being involved in the melee and were on the end of financial penalties.

Bomber Ben Howlett was cleared of contact he made with Cats veteran Steve Johnson, after the Essendon midfielder tried to block Johnson’s run down the ground.

Johnson was floored momentarily after the bump, but the MRP said the incident was below the force required to be charged.

That junket fund is loaded now.

I only saw the GIF here, but was Selwood lucky to get away with the hands in Howlett’s face/eyes?

Here is a the definitive list of which players risk suspensions as they now stand.

4 Bombers make the list - Fletcher, Melksham, Chapman and McKernan.

Daniher’s fines are also of note as they are considered “minor strikes” and should he reported a 3rd time this year, he will miss a week with suspension.

Some interesting names from other clubs though:

Fyfe (along with Pavlich and Ballantyne)!
All 5 Hawks - Burgoyne, Hodge, Lewis, Lake and Roughead!
Lindsay Thomas and Brent Harvey
Steve Johnson

The players association now tell us that all players "have a duty of care not to hurt an opponent ". Whatthefuck happened to contact sport?

Where ever/whenever I see/hear those words, that saying ‘■■■■ on a bull’ comes to mind.

AFL ‏@AFL 4m4 minutes ago

MRP - Franklin and Tippett can accept 1 game each, Stefan Martin can accept 2 games and Raines can accept a $1000 fine. Goodes cleared

Was waiting for the headline

Goodes rubbed out for a week after squirrel grip

Unfarkingbelievable - one week for Buddy.

It’s ■■■■■■ Franklin, amazing they penalized him at all.

It’s ■■■■■■ Franklin, amazing they penalized him at all.

I’m thinking maybe the MRP were told by the AFL to rub Buddy out for a week to give PAFC a chance to win a game?