Mrp

Only one week?

uh oh...we're about to get reamed soooooo hard from the commision.

Fair enough. Wasn't a lot in it but Buddha was always going to go. With his record, I was expecting 2 weeks, possibly even 3 depending on the amount of carryover points.

From what I saw it looked like he just read the play wrong (wasnt deliberate at all), was going in for a hip and shoulder because he thought Yarran was coming in for it but instead made contact with his face. I expected 2 weeks but its good to know the MRP put themselves into his shoes, hence the 1 week.

It was soft impact, but I still thought 2-3 due to his bad record.

Well done Hocking!

Only one week?

Hah!

MRP: Here you go Heath, you can still play finals

AD: Yoink!

Only one week?

Hah!

MRP: Here you go Heath, you can still play finals

AD: Yoink!

Hahaha... exactly!

He should have been given a month for that hit... very lucky to be back in time for 'finals'

From what I saw it looked like he just read the play wrong (wasnt deliberate at all), was going in for a hip and shoulder because he thought Yarran was coming in for it but instead made contact with his face. I expected 2 weeks but its good to know the MRP put themselves into his shoes, hence the 1 week.

Not even.

He absolutely smashed him in a perfectly legitimate tackle, which knocked Yarran to the ground. Really caned him, stopped him in his tracks with basically front on, opened up contact.

Then for some utterly befuddling reason gave him a little sneaky cheap shot with one arm, as Yarran was going down. If Yarran had not been falling already, it would've got him arm/shoulder and he'd be OK.

Correct decision IMHO, I was half worried they'd attribute all the 'impact' of the tackle on the little strike - 1 week including bad record sounds like they got it about right.

One week is lucky… Not that it matters

Yeah I am thinking the 'strike' charges intimates that it's for a strike (an arm swung).

Body-on-head is 'charging' I think.

Hocking one week
Edwards one week
Why can’t we just each other a ‘pair’ and let them both play

Good result. back for the first game next year.

Surely insufficient contact. But not worth the battle

bahaha, he should have hit him harder.

How come buddy didn’t get done for staging? Oh that’s right the head of that dept is an ex hawthorn person.

Essendon's Heath Hocking can accept a one match ban for striking Carlton's Chris Yarran. Penalty impacted by bad record
Richmond's Shane Edwards can accept a one match ban for striking GWS Giants' Liam Sumner. Penalty impacted by six year good record. 
Gold Coast's Steven May can accept a one match ban for striking St.Kilda's Stephen Milne. Penalty impacted by bad record. 
Hawthorn's Brad Sewell can accept a $1950 fine for making negligent contact with an umpire. 
West Coast's Darren Glass can accept a $900 fine for wrestling Collingwood's Ben Kennedy. 
All other matters cleared.

How can Glass get fined for wrestling, but Kennedy, the guy he was wrestling with, doesn't get fined?

Essendon's Heath Hocking can accept a one match ban for striking Carlton's Chris Yarran. Penalty impacted by bad record
Richmond's Shane Edwards can accept a one match ban for striking GWS Giants' Liam Sumner. Penalty impacted by six year good record.
Gold Coast's Steven May can accept a one match ban for striking St.Kilda's Stephen Milne. Penalty impacted by bad record.
Hawthorn's Brad Sewell can accept a $1950 fine for making negligent contact with an umpire.
West Coast's Darren Glass can accept a $900 fine for wrestling Collingwood's Ben Kennedy.

How can Glass get fined for wrestling, but Kennedy, the guy he was wrestling with, doesn't get fined?
Kennedy's about a quarter of his size, Glass was sitting on him.
Was a funny moment in an otherwise abysmal game.

If you saw the incident, you would realise Ben Kennedy didn't have much say in the wrestle, he just layed there while Glass was trying to smother him lol

Im surprised myers didnt get a fine for making obscene gestures to the crowd...

1 week is fair for Hocking'■■■■■.