Murder In the Outback- Joanne Lees

Well der, it was to get rid of a guy who was annoying her and that, despite many, many opportunities to just take off, she could break free from.

Who knows, not an expert in the case.

But in terms of process I am sure one would need to interview a whole bunch of their (the couples) acquintances I assume. Look at phone/internet records.

But look she could have been in a poisonious relationship. Maybe financial, physical, psycological abuse etc. Lots of reasons exist to do horrible things.(reasons not excuses)

She could have issues herself or he had issues she couldn’t deal with.

Hire a hitman in the outback to make it look like murder? (no other witnesses) Or a stranger decides he wants to kill them for motives not known either? Not sure which is more plausible.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.“ Sherlock Holmes

1 Like

You’re quoting a fictional character?

I guess that works for a fictional story being created on here.

2 Likes

Yep

Currently reading Holmes, while in isolation as we speak!

3 Likes

Many years ago my mum bought me this for 50 cents in a second hand book shop.

8 Likes

Such great stories!

1 Like

Yes and very easy to read.

Who’s signature is that?

They need real detectives who flirt with nerdy PIs so much the case is solved neatly within 1 hour.

2 Likes

Memory is very unreliable

People react to grief on odd ways

3 Likes

Maybe it was Falconio who hired the hitman and Murdoch stuffed up.

Oh thought you meant Joe. (or deliberately)

She got wind of it and was hence happy he got his just desserts moving on quickly in Berlin.

Just the original buyer (Myrtle) who gave the book to her (I am guessing) husband (Basil) some time in the early 1900s.

Love the handwriting, and the names are so early 1900s you couldn’t make them up.

Doctors spanning the 1800s to 1900s seemed to make some pretty good writers. Somerset Maugham was also a doctor (and secret service agent), and Axel Munthe wrote a beautiful book - The Story of San Michele.

4 Likes

A 19O5 edition that was only for sale in the British colonies. Australia ceased to be a colony in 1900 but the publisher could have taken a broad definition of colony- anything that wasn’t GB.

1 Like

What’s Kerry stokes like as a boss

1 Like

Or a stranger sees her with her boyfriend at a service station and likes the look of her, follows them for a while, gets them to stop under a pretext and shoots the boyfriend to get him out of the way, secures her with cable tie and goes to dispose of the body but she escapes …

6 Likes

Yeah thats a possibility too.

lol

Not sure if srs, …

1 Like

Not the first time channel 7 has tried this rubbish either with this case.

1 Like

7, 9 10,… all tarred with the same brush and getting more & more desperate as people desert them in droves.

Same as online News orgs clickbaiting out the yin yang to make up for loss of Print sales.

It won’t get any better,… only worse and worse, until they inevitably fold & die.

2 Likes