Murder In the Outback- Joanne Lees

Wot?

We have effectively been a colony for long after that. (Still are, with a Pommy head of state who steadfastly refuseds to act as a head of state should over the last ~50 years).

But apart from that… Surprised you are not aware that US and UK divided the English world between them and UK had sole rights for selling books into Australia well into the '80s if not beyond.

We are a sovereign country thankyou very much.

The whole purpose of federaration was to move away from colonies.

How well do you think that has gone?

I suspect you have not followed history much. Or even events from the last few days.

1 Like

May have been that Longman did not have the publishing rights in the UK, more to do with Doyle assigning royalties to different publishers in different countries in the English speaking world,

You sound like the people who said similar stuff about Lindy Chamberlain. Just because people don’t behave in ways which are expected, they automatic become a suspect. Wouldn’t surprise me at all is she was on the spectrum.

People have all manner of different relationships. Who is to say she and Peter didn’t have a sort of an open relationship. And again anything that breaks away from the norm creates suspicion.

Gee that would be a collectable now, wouldn’t it?

It’s easier to describe people as off the spectrum theses days

Why wouldn’t you like this?

1 Like

Read her body type. With her its not that difficult.

Worth an eyebrow raise;

What was Murdoch’s motive? Why would a careful drug runner bundle an abducted woman into the back of his truck containing $200,000 of hydroponically grown cannabis?
Where is Falconio’s body? Despite a huge search his body has never been found.
Why was there no blood spatter or blood trail at the scene, just pools of blood if the body was dragged to a waiting vehicle?
Why were only Lees’ footprints found in the bush near the crime scene, not those of Murdoch or his dog? Despite Aboriginal trackers being used, no other footprints were detected in the dusty terrain, yet Lees’ footfprints were clearly visible.
Why did Murdoch’s Australian working dog not sniff out Lees, given that she was hiding only 35 metres from the road?
Who was in the mysterious red car and the so-called jelly man spotted up the road from the crime scene?
Could the DNA of Murdoch have been transferred in the Red Rooster restaurant?

3 Likes

Hopefully they answer all those questions and don’t just leave us hanging.

I want a theory put forward.

The third car was interesting. I think they had something to do with it and perhaps Murdoch was called to help clean up whatever mess they made (which may have been an accident). Murdoch can’t dob them in because he is protecting people he knows.

Perhaps the NSW boyfriend was there.

Hopefully they bring a theory.

1 Like

Yeah nah. I think collectors like books in very good condition, and this one isn’t!

Academic as I wouldn’t sell it.

I’m here for the Sherlock.

To me this programme is something of a tool for other ends. Fraser has made clear he is seeking a petition of mercy which presumably has not got far. He is described as a “consultant” to the show.

To his credit, he is not only showing his/Murdoch’s side to the story. He has made clear his own difficult past, given time to the report analyst who now thinks Lees is honest and referrred fleetingly so Murdoch’s bloodtains on Lees’ top. He has given time to the former police chief who thinks justice was served. He appeared to mention briefly that Murdoch confessed as well.

However I feel the truckie, who has brought in the red car and the jelly-like body, has to be taken with a grain of salt. He complained that his statement was altered but signed it anyway because someone said he shouldn’t make things difficult. If he rolls over that easily (accepting it can be scarier in front of police), who’s to say he is not changing his story to get some benefit now? I’d love to know what the report analyst thought of his interview.

Like others have said, running the whole “she didn’t cry enough” angle is not impressive. The footprint, dog and bloodstain evidence is more interesting.

The papers have reported that Fraser and his mate Susman have fallen out over a hard drive which includes various records Fraser kept of his legal mates’ shenanigans. I wonder if the petition will likewise collapse.

1 Like

The show is a load of complete rubbish and would waste my time watching it.
Anything that grub Andrew Frazer touches smells.

Joanne lees - JL
Justin Langer - Auld Lang syne
Travis Auld - TA
TONY ABBOTT.

We’re through the looking glass people

1 Like

The dingo ate Peter Falconio too?

More tinfoil here than at a Qanon bbq!

4 Likes

Any idea how fkg big and how fkg empty the Aus interior is?

(Answer: very very big and very very empty)

1 Like