Music You've Been Listening To

This chubba wubba can rock it:

Holy ā– ā– ā– ā– , I just had to reply to this 21 days late. Matt Hensley and Ron Allen sections, Eddie ā€˜el gatoā€™ Guera tearing up the sketchy old pool in the badlands of town. I bought this s/t on CD in the UK about 15 years ago, lost it eventually. There were some great bands on the vid that didnā€™t make it to the CD, think most of the bands were mates with the guys in San Diego and a Ron Allen track.

Someone has mentioned that Kirk unfortunately, is doing it rough these days.

1 Like

Cool tune. I skated around that time and watched a tonne of vids, but canā€™t remember hearing that artist or tune.

1 Like

Itā€™s was a seminal vid with a good albeit eclectic soundtrack.

Just went and watched a few more oldies, Bootleg, Next Gen, and the Blind Vid Questionable. There a fair bit of content that still stacks up.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember skate vids helping us get into stuff like Cruz Records and the like. Thereā€™d be a lot of lost gold there.

Yeah loads of stuff from those old skate vids. 411VM used to have song titles too. Pre and early internet era, they were a great resource.

1 Like
2 Likes

Thatā€™s quite a track, just builds and builds. Wish they were still able to tour.

1 Like

Oh boy. I heard this on PBS last night. Think Iā€™ll be seeking out some Coloured Balls back catalogue.

Loved all 15 minutes of it.

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

Just heard this version of the Joni Mitchell song on jazztrack and it hit the spot. Great voice and donā€™t fear, itā€™s not really jazz and itā€™s not really not jazz.

1 Like

ECM have just issued this teaser track from Keith Jarrettā€™s upcoming solo cd, a lovely interpretation of the Gilbert and Sullivan Mikado piece, no less.