Music You've Been Listening To

Here it is, ladies and gents - the first new Tool material for 13 years. No great departure, but sounds OK to these ears…

7 Likes

Im in love with it

It’s awesome! So excited to hear the entire album!

Sounds like Tool at least, … but it could be any song from most other albums really.

Not bad, but have to vote, … Bit meh, … been there, done that on this one I’m afraid.

I think with the hype and anticipation, it was going to be hard to meet expectations. To me it sounded fresh, but familiar. The drumming was insane - Danny Carey is not human. I love the lyrics too.

I imagine this is the first track on the record, and the way it builds to the end makes me pretty excited for what will come next.

I’ve spun the track prob 10 times, and it gets better each time I hear it. There are so many layers that it isn’t instantly gratifying.

1 Like

10 times??

That’s 100 fkn minutes !!! :smile:

I almost didn’t get through it once, …

Your persistence will be rewarded!

I agree Sully. Listened to it four times and it does grow on you. Awesome drum work.

About 15 times here. The middle drum section is insane…there is a Tom swirl…really cool in the mix

1 Like

You guys should really do yourselves a favour.
It’s a pretty friggin’ awesome playlist.

A fitting end to Season 2

Finally got around to listening to the new Tool song…fark me, that is one brilliant piece of music

1 Like

That’s pretty good. Never got into them originally because I had other interests but this is a nice piece of music. Not sure if I’ll be a convert because it’s a little slick and emotionless but will certainly give it a couple more listens.

First reviews are dropping for the new Tool album, and frankly it sounds like this will be an absolute classic https://www.revolvermag.com/music/review-tools-fear-inoculum-masterpiece-be-dissected-years-come

I so cant wait to hear 7empest

2 Likes

1 Like