Music You've Been Listening To

It’s Lemmy day.

Celebrate the great man with JD & Coke, and chuck on some Motörhead.

One of the great Rock’n roll bands.

2 Likes

Vale Anita Pointer. Now I can’t tell you how much I love the Pointer Sisters…up until Bonnie left in the early 70s. Not interested in their subsequent output but at that point they were just the best live outfit out there in popular music, full stop for mine. Live at the Opera House is in the top 5 live popular albums of all time for me. Don’t want to know about their pop sell outs later on. Has to be the quartet though.
PS Yes We Can and Love in Them There Hills ideally run into one another but couldn’t find a version.

1 Like

I’ll admit, I dont know anything about the Pointer Sisters, but I know they gave the world this, and by doing so gave people of my generation one of their most cherished childhood memories.

Sesame Street: Pinball Animation Countdown Compilation - YouTube

4 Likes

Reckon it’s probably fine, although I’m more into Play School than SS, but I’m betting it’s the trio. If it ain’t got Bonnie it ain’t the Pointer Sisters for mine. Feel similarly about Little Feat, everything after Lowell died is a crime against music.

Brad Mehldau, the premier contemporary pianist of his generation, is a Beatles fan, a huge Beatles fan. On the other hand, I’m a Mehldau fan, but I’ll follow him down this path, any path really. This is the second teaser from his upcoming Beatles release, and it’s really, really good. The opening analysis is revelatory but if you’re not into it, the piece starts at 3.20.

1 Like

On one of my playlists … love it. One for @rylandoz

1 Like

Been listening to Ian Noe lately. Good stuff if you like folk. If your say a Neil Young fan would think you would love him.

Touring Oz in March too.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Dude kinda has a look of ‘I can look after the young’ns, just make me Captain already you bastards’

1 Like

This tune always reminded me of REM. Which is a good thing.

1 Like

I’ve had this song stuck in my head for two days now. It’s excellent, but …

Earworm warning! Listen if you dare!

Arctic Monkeys - The Car

She’s just too good! I listened to all of the Big Thief albums and her solo work (also fantastic) while reading the other day and it was very pleasant.

Does anyone else listen to music while reading or is that weird?

1 Like

It’s not weird at all…I do it all the time.

1 Like

Yukihiro Takahashi from YMO passed away on the 11th.

Wow, great recommendation!
This I’ll definitely be getting a listen. Always interesting to listen to someone with an advanced musical literacy discuss tunes that we take for granted.
Thanks

1 Like

Here’s one I like along the same lines. I’ve always fallen on the Beach Boys side of the equation.

1 Like

Absolutely love Bill, probably my fav guitarist, a wonderfully eclectic musical innovator. This is him stretching out on one of his own pieces, Pipe Down, very surf influenced too.

1 Like