Music You've Been Listening To

DT?

2 Likes

AC/DC instrumental.

Strangeways is epic.
All their other albums have moments.
Strangeways…leaves them all for dead. Even if it doesn’t have HSIN.

Ain’t nobody love this album.
But I really friggin’ do.

Edit: because no bump.

Right wing af, but man I love this album.

1 Like

Decent track but as a whole the album is a rabble.

Although I already owned 2 ACDC albums at the age of 13 'Who Made Who" was the first I bought. I’d found the other 2 as hard rubbish!

2 Likes

Still amazing to think that he composes the famous 9th symphony while deaf. All in his head.
Some of his later music ends with long pauses to allow him and the orchestra to finish together when he conducted.

1 Like

I’ve got that Red Box album. No really!
Bough it from a Brashs bargin bin for 99 cents on the strength of For America and Lean On Me. The rest of it is, sadly, more of the same chanty/nonsense lyrics stuff, just not as good.

1 Like

I understand what you mean.
But I like those chanty songs. Bantu and Billy’s Line. The title track.

Not going to lie, that’s a shocking music video. Shockingly terrible. Looks like something a 15 year old would have put together.

1 Like

I hadn’t watched it till I saw your comment. Wow it’s really tacky and cheesy.

1 Like

This popped into my head earlier today

Not a huge live music enthusiast - I like the compact studio recordings generally - but Talking Heads do a special magic live.

1 Like

It had a sense of humour - wasn’t expecting that given the tone of the song

1 Like

The music is sort of nether here nor there either, it sort of sounds like The Beatles but really has a too modern sound to be like The Beatles, I suppose thats what you get trying to bridge nearly 50 years of music.

2nd album from this band…stoner/psych rock with a strong 60s/70s influence.

1 Like

From the new album Wall of Eyes out January 2024.

this is what Nanna and pa might have been into back in their day

5 Likes

When AC/DC played Portland Civic Hall in 1975, Lobby Loyde and The Coloured Balls were the support act. Very loud, very bluesy and very much in yer face.

3 Likes

I saw acdc in maybe 74 or 75 at festival Hall with hush as support . acdc were so loud I reckon my ears rang for 2 days. it’s a wonder I can still hear

2 Likes

Just heard this for the first time

2 Likes