Music You've Been Listening To

Yep. I was there for the first 2 Sunbury’s. Lobby Lloyd never took the stage without a ciggie in mouth as far as l can recall. He originally played with Thorpie, but struck out on his own.

Doing my best of Wrapped, as previously mentioned, and this popped up from 2018.
I mean…the actual track itself is awesome…
But can we just appreciate the complete audacity of a band releasing two #1 absolute banger singles, and then making this the first track of their debut album? 13:41!!!

It’s kind of amazing that they went to garbage immediately after this.

1 Like

Was so, so close to playing this as my “W” track in the last BDJ. Should’ve… the 7" version obvs… 13’41" wouldn’t have got me anywhere…

2 Likes

Lol.
It’s a 5 from me.

Now you’ve got me wondering…
Was the track expanded or condensed?

Because if it was condensed, from that, into a killer single…that’s friggin’ amazing.

1 Like

Khruangbin vibes

That time of the year again. Best thing about Xmas I reckon. Decent version only a year old.

I love me a Rolling Stones cover.
Nicky Hopkins was a beast.

Massively condensed…

Although in true Frankie fashion there was a raft of 12" singles with different versions that focused on different parts of the full album version.

It’s a killer track… pretty much all Trevor Horn and his merry band of studio musos, and very little of Frankie. No matter… a great track is still a great track.

They begin their live set with this. I think they’re pretty comfortable with it.

Speaking of condensing…
This will always blow my mind.

Just a bunch of fifty pluses, lazily jamming in a few minutes what we looked at for ages and went…naaaah.

2 Likes

Lol.

Good for them.
As I said, it’s great pop.

Wow, production is pretty special. I really enjoyed listening to the album in its entirety.

1 Like

Getting near the end of the Chardy :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Although it is decades since l last heard this (since my record collection was in storage for 30 years), l think my copy of this album had a different cover.

1 Like

I remember when young Nathan burst onto the local recorded music scene at age 14. I reckon he wouldn’t have been allowed into clubs to play, being so young.

2 Likes

Andre 3000 has always seemed like an interesting personality and this piqued my interest recently.
Turned me back to an old favourite.