Music You've Been Listening To

Thanks for that. I bought The Pony’s first album on CD, more for their angular guitar sound than their lyrical content. That was over thirty years ago. I then lost track of them as l left to go travel and live overseas. I always thought they had a brilliant sound and deserved to be a huge band.

1 Like

I saw them support Icehouse at The Venue in St Kilda around the time of I Lied and yeah, they had a great sound (jangly, 60’s influenced, along the same lines as The Stems). Of course, all their endearing features and rough edges got sanded-down and buffed-up once they were signed by Festival, and they were never quite as good thereafter…

1 Like

Probably one for the older Blitzers.

This is one of my all time favourite albums (that I’m currently listening to).

Just a beautiful collection of music, vocals and lyrics.

1 Like

Power Ballard

1 Like

The Moodies released a string of great albums, and this is certainly up there among their best.

1 Like

Favourite!

New Horizons is my favourite Moody Blues song.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure where to put this bit I figure this thread probably reaches the biggest audience of music lovers on the site.

An excellent sit down interview with Geddy Lee

3.00-3.30 is the smoothest transition between two songs that you’ll ever hear

wasn’t huge on most of his music but what a talent

It’s like which two songs get booted from Sgt Peppers to make way for Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields?

Easy… Good Morning and Within Me Without You.
Wouldn’t have done much for band harmony though…

1 Like

Agree on the George track, but I could do without Lovely Rita, personally.

I actually like the rambling nature of the White Album. Your critique is a common one but I don’t agree. I would agree with the point that some items like Wild Honey Pie would never have been included if it wasn’t the Beatles.

1 Like

I would’ve flicked Rita and 64 to be honest on the basis that you’d need to keep one Harrison song and also because the McCartney tunes are what Lennon called typical Paul “granny” songs

Hadn’t really checked out any of the more recent (i.e. post-Bluey) Custard material.
This popped-up in my Youtube feed. Don’t mind it at all… love hearing Bluey’s Dad on the count-in…

1 Like

JJ Cales after midnight into Beatles Elenor Rigby back to after midnight.
Yowza

1 Like

Between Big Heavy Stuff and Ups & Downs, Greg Atkinson is one of Australia’s great under-rated songwriters. Saw these guys many times… including supporting Radiohead (on the OK Computer tour, where they held their own) and supporting Powderfinger at The Palace (where they comprehensively blew the headliners away).

The lilting melody is carried on the spring breeze through the forest. Intrigued, you more forward. Parting the elm boughs, your eyes scan a flower-strewn forest clearing and you see

Roll a saving throw vs Charm Person

1 Like