Music You've Been Listening To

There was a college band in my Uni days who changed their name from Sid Cessna & The Propellers to Con Krakatoa & The Hot Lavas.

1 Like

Like Anne Cessna & Essendon Airport.

1 Like

Forgive my self-indulgence but Iā€™m feeling saucy.
The universe really, really wanted that band to break up.
From Horsham, Victoriaā€¦within six monthsā€¦
The singer went to Karratha.
The bassist went to Canberra.
The guitarist went to Iraq.
The drummer went to Antarctica.

2 Likes

Is that the same Essendon Airport funk-punk band from the 80ā€™s which eventually morphed into Iā€™m Talking (with Kate Ceberano)?

2 Likes

Be nice (or maybe not) to be able to listen to some of these bandsā€¦like the thread title

Just for you ASB. Amazing that these same guys were releasing tepid funk-pop as Iā€™m Talking within a couple of yearsā€¦

2 Likes

Canā€™t find the original video, but are Kate and Zan not also on Happy Birthday IBM?

Donā€™t know, but theyā€™re definitely in the video for Modelsā€™ God Bless Americaā€¦

1 Like

lol. Probably misremembering.
Yeah.

Whatā€™s more amazing is that I posted the same track a few posts above yours and didnā€™t get the likes you got :joy:

1 Like

Oh wait, you posted the flip side :sweat_smile:

Does anyone have the early eighties book/magazine of Australian bands?
It was pretty comprehensive.
Mine fell apart. And I might haveā€¦taken the scissors to it for my school folders.

Feel like it had Essendon Airport in it.
And tch tch tch.
And a quote from Iggy Pop next to a photo of an old dead tree.

Just listening to Magical Mystery Tour - Beatles what an awesome album, somehow has all elements of John Paul and George influences at that time and you can really tell the difference but it is still definitively Beatles, how they progressed in such as short time is mind boggling for that age.

3 Likes

Ahemā€¦mind altering substances might have had something to do with it :wink:

1 Like

It wasnā€™t an official album when it was first released, but 2 EPs stuck together. Only later did they rerelease it as an album. It is my fave Beatles album.

1 Like

IMG_2706

Hadnā€™t listened to this for a while so spun it last night, I have it on vinyl. Live chisel recorded from their last stand tour and in very fine form.

4 Likes

1 Like

Rolling Stones cover.

4 Likes