Music You've Been Listening To

2 Likes
1 Like

Just saw this on Facebook, reckon it’d be pretty cool…

1 Like

Ooh yeah… might haul my backside in to that one. Jane Gazzo was a trifle irritating in her Recovery years, but she’s good nowadays and she knows her stuff (so should make a reasonable MC).

1 Like

Yeah, she’s doing good work. There’s a link to buy I didn’t add before, if you’re interested:

3 Likes

Need to get into them more.

1 Like

I know we’re not allowed to like anything from their first album, but screw that.
This is pure Radiohead.
Just…more acousticallier.

3 Likes

They played that on the OK Computer tour and it was killer.

But then… I like Anyone Can Play Guitar and Pop Is Dead too, and they’re even more uncool…

That is such a pretty piece, thanks for posting it. Just wonderful.

1 Like

As incongruous as this sounds, it works very well, and is a totally original approach. Bravo.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

I rolled my eyes at the opening riff with how many songs it reminded me of. But then the Weezer kicks in. And then a 51 year old guy is shredding his throat in the chorus in a rad way. And then I’m pumping my fist and singing along. Yeah, they’ve played every variation on rock they could possibly do at this point, but they’ve given it a fair crack on this new album and it’s a cool listen all the way through.

1 Like

Looking forward to my first listen. After the conclusion of today’s cricket.

1 Like

Ooh yeah… I’m hearing the Weezer loud and clear. The thing is, if I heard that unannounced on the radio, I’m not sure I’d recognise it instantly as Green Day. Don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing yet.

It’s certainly better than most of what they’ve released since 21st Century Breakdown anyway.

2 Likes

I wondered if they might’ve been going for Pixies at times in the song but their pop-punk sensibilities made it a lot more Weezer.

I would have/did recognize it.

Love that album cover. The look on the young lads face in particular.

1 Like