NAB Challenge Game Discussion

He better hope he repairs like dad Tony — who did an ACL in round 5 of 1998 and came back in round 21!

Quoted Post

He better hope he repairs like dad Tony — who did an ACL in round 5 of 1998 and came back in round 21!

This is why I wonder about 12 month recoveries from ACL ( assuming its a clean ACL ) - Libba was fine after 16 weeks - And it was his second ACL.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

This is why I wonder about 12 month recoveries from ACL ( assuming its a clean ACL ) - Libba was fine after 16 weeks - And it was his second ACL.

That is because the first time he did it, it was only practice.

Gonna guess its to do with the loss of fitness base.

Did I seriously just see luke Parker mouthing of at a player for ducking his head and earning a free

The speed of Taylor, Green and Zorko really worrying the Swans.

Here’s hoping Merrett, Colyer, Zaka etc can do the same!

Lions did it in a canter, with no input from boofhead supreme Robinson who pieced up what looked like a left quad injury in the first. Also got next to nothing out of star recruit Beams. Swans had no effective forwards.

Quoted Post

Rupture or partial tear, DJR ?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Doesn’t matter from a recover standpoint afaik. I’m pretty sure that if you partially tear an ACL these days they fully reconstruct it anyway, just as if you’d ruptured it. Partial tears of other ligaments may be different, but they don’t mess around with ACLs.

So when will all the opposition coaches come out complaining about how the Swans have treated the NAB challenge with no respect for the 15th straight year… Poor Lions having to face that.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Doesn’t matter from a recover standpoint afaik. I’m pretty sure that if you partially tear an ACL these days they fully reconstruct it anyway, just as if you’d ruptured it. Partial tears of other ligaments may be different, but they don’t mess around with ACLs.

Libba’s was a full tear.

Partial tears are sometimes treated conservatively without an operation - Gia did one about 5 years ago - though you will still miss around 8 weeks.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

So how did he come back in 16 weeks ? Thats amazingly short. Dont tell me he had some kind of PED therapy to make it heal faster?

I see the Hawks have played an almost full strength team in their NAB 2 .
Clarko treating it seriously , or building up more more moral high ground for himself ?

Can’t understand how Waite got off that swipe on Stratton.

Quoted Post

Can't understand how Waite got off that swipe on Stratton.
While I'm inclined to not give him the benefit of the doubt, given his record, there WAS doubt on his intent this time.

However, the guy who actually got suspended this week should be royally ■■■■■■, as his late-ish contact was much less substantial than what Waite did.

Pretty sure they should all be happy because the new amazing tribunal system has fixed everything, so any feelings of unhapiness are just because players and fans are wrong.

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

So how did he come back in 16 weeks ? Thats amazingly short. Dont tell me he had some kind of PED therapy to make it heal faster?

Yeah, he was.

Half-time at Sleepy hollow.

Geelong 8.1.49
Fruit Tingles (Adelaide) 2.8.20

Mitch Clark has been a standout with 3 goals in the first quarter.

Clarke with 6… Demons must be ropeable.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
l know Tiges used a lot of kids, but there were at least 6 times today, when the doggies just went in harder for maruks, and came out with clear possies. A couple of times in a game you could understand, but it was a theme for most of the game. Agree with re comments about Liber. The old man was the worst player to ever win a Brownlow, the only skill he was any good at was tackling and squirrel grips, but the sone is a seriously good player. Hope his knee injury is minor and he is up and running around again soon.

I’m my opinion Brian Wilson was the worst player to win Charlie.

Brad Hardie