NAB Cup 2014

■■■■■■ Foxtel!!! Im trying to cut back on spending!

free AFL viewing websites are your friend, though not sure if preseason games are usually shown

Anyone know if there would there be any practice matches leading up the this NAB Cup? Or would it be all intra club up until then? I need a fix.

I Have to be in Perth on the 18, I had no idea are game was a monday night, who outs a farkin NAB cup game on the Gold Coast Monday night????

Wife and I will be at Metricon for Suns game.

Any other Blitzers going?

I Have to be in Perth on the 18, I had no idea are game was a monday night, who outs a farkin NAB cup game on the Gold Coast Monday night????

Its 18 games in 18 consecutive days. So there will be games on weekdays, which is weird.

Reckon I’ll push for family holiday Gold Coast to see the footy.

If it was on a Saturday I would have gone down and made a weekend of it, but since it's on a Monday I won't be there.

It's a pain in the ■■■■ stadium to get to by car and driving from Brisbane to GC in peak hour is a nightmare.

If it was on a Saturday I would have gone down and made a weekend of it, but since it's on a Monday I won't be there.

It's a pain in the ■■■■ stadium to get to by car and driving from Brisbane to GC in peak hour is a nightmare.

Train it?

Is it safe to assume a few of those games won’t be televised, as usual?

Is it safe to assume a few of those games won't be televised, as usual?

All 18 games on FoxFooty. Not sure about ch.7 though.

Train it?

Train will take just as long, I live and work on the north side of Brisbane, trying to get there before kick off after knocking off work by public transport is pretty much impossible.

Pretty sure Fox get them all exclusively, partly because pre-season games never made the anti-siphoning list.

In any case, Fox pushed pretty hard for them exclusively because they see it as a great hook to reel in new subscribers before the start of the season proper. 

Train it?

Train will take just as long, I live and work on the north side of Brisbane, trying to get there before kick off after knocking off work by public transport is pretty much impossible.

Somethings not computing here ... it's almost as if you are thinking work is more important than seeing your team.

You will of course arrive at the idea that a RDO or a sikkie on the Monday is the obvious answer to this dilemma.

Maybe even a long w/end on the Goldie, culminating in a leisurely, non traffic riddled, joyous trip home, after a thumping win over the GC Kids.

Pretty sure Fox get them all exclusively, partly because pre-season games never made the anti-siphoning list.

In any case, Fox pushed pretty hard for them exclusively because they see it as a great hook to reel in new subscribers before the start of the season proper. 

Yep, they got me by doing this.

(it was a good excuse anyway)

We will probably be there

When is that one?  I daresay I will be in attendance.

Now that Ive read the first post, yes I will be there.

Practice match against Richmond confirmed.

At Punt Road on Friday 7 March at 1pm.

Not sure if it is actually open to public though.

not even just a little bit excited.

Practice match against Richmond confirmed.

At Punt Road on Friday 7 March at 1pm.

Not sure if it is actually open to public though.

1pm is shithouse, if it were 4 i reckon i could walk out of work early and go down and have a look, no chance of that happening at 1.

I don't mind watching us play NAB Cup games. I don't care about winning but Im usually that starved of footy I get way to excited.

Always good to see some of the kids get a game, remember when Crameri went nuts in his first game as a forward?

It will be interesting to see if our playing style changes much under Bomber, obviously our forward line will be unrecognisable. This will make things interesting as normally you might want to rest blokes like Chappy and Winderlich (older and injury prone) but we will want to get as much match practice into them as possible before round 1. You would expect Hurley might play all matches possible in the back line too rather than be rested.

Ryder knows how to ruck, maybe give someone else a go if we are planning on fast tracking someone. Then again the forward line isn't going to get much practice if we are getting smashed at all the stoppages.