NAB Cup 2014

not even just a little bit excited.

I was considering flying to Queensland before I checked myself with 'it's a friggin' practice match.'

So yeah...pretty, pretty excited.

I'll make sure I get that Friday off, though.

Does Punt Rd serve bourbon?

I was considering flying to Queensland before I checked myself with 'it's a friggin' practice match.'

What's wrong with beer ya softc*#k!? :P

Feel the same. Couldn't give a stuff at the moment.

Can't drink it.

Spew after half a can.

i hope it changes when i see the team run out, i'm sure it will. i think i've let the constant negativity from all and sundry really get to me.

Someone give Bellcho a new ankle.

The NAB cup is a little bit of foreplay. I’m looking forward to the real stuff the way a teenage boy looks forward to his first root… I only hope we don’t go too hard too early!

Personally, I'm pumped. We have a whole bunch of fringe players who should now be pushing to become regular senior players this year (Kav, Browne, Colyer, O'Brien, Dalgleish, Ashby, Hams, Dell, Steinberg, etc). Plus I can't wait to see Edwards, Zac Merrett and the other newbies in action for the first time.

I still remember the pre-season excitement of seeing Kommer burst on to the scene last year and how Baguley took his game to another level. Bring it on.

Can't drink it.

Spew after half a can.

Canned beer will do that.

i hope it changes when i see the team run out, i'm sure it will. i think i've let the constant negativity from all and sundry really get to me.

Fark that, get excited.
I'm hanging out to see reports of our first intra club game! Can't wait for the practice matches. See all the rookies, see how JD looks, see Chappy in our jumper...
What's not to get excited about!

1pm on a friday with us already getting Monday off for Labour day...no chance of getting there

1pm on a friday with us already getting Monday off for Labour day...no chance of getting there

Sh*t time! What's wrong with 5pm!

I can’t wait for the first nab cup game, I’ll be able to properly lambast bomber and co for ruining Carlisle when he doesn’t kick 10.

Last year was great for our youth, just look at Carlisle, Hibberd, Kommer, Melksham, Dalgelish (only played a handful but impressed) and Daniher.
If we can get the same this year and a fully functional forward line look out AFL the Bombers are BACK!

Can't drink it.

Spew after half a can.

I listed you as my forum MVP. I hereby retract that award.

Can't drink it.

Spew after half a can.

May have an intolerance to yeast. He is old.

Can't drink it.

Spew after half a can.

May have an intolerance to yeast. He is old.

Hey I accept there are legitimate reasons. Doesn't mean I can trust him.

I'm with Peos. Pre-season was when I adopted Hibberd and when Dell first played for the Dons.

And if we get another "Cale Hooker sold Anthony Long a hospital handpass" discussion then it will allllllll be worth it.

Looking forward to seeing big Fraze too. 

Last year was great for our youth, just look at Carlisle, Hibberd, Kommer, Melksham, Dalgelish (only played a handful but impressed) and Daniher.
If we can get the same this year and a fully functional forward line look out AFL the Bombers are BACK!

You could argue that Tbell and Jackson merrett should be added to that list.
Even to a lesser extent Hooker had a improvement year.
BJ also great year up on the previous year NOT at essendon.

As an idea for the NAB cup, why not extend the proper season for 3 / 4 weeks and ban practice matches between clubs. This way all clubs are in the same boat and have to use the 'real' season to get to scratch. It would make an interesting month as the teams adjust to new game plans and get their campaign on track.

It could also make an interesting end to the year for those clubs who may have pushed to hard early.