NAB Cup team make-up

I can’t wait for the Blitz meltdown when Tippa isn’t picked

http://m.essendonfc.com.au/vfl/player-profiles

Tippa! isn’t on the VFL EFC list though???

BRING HIM IN

So what is to stop us from listing Gleeson/Ambrose/Hep/Aylett etc etc as injured?

Or any of the players who did not receive show cause notices (ie Zaka and Fletch) as injured as well>

Quoted Post

So what is to stop us from listing Gleeson/Ambrose/Hep/Aylett etc etc as injured?

Or any of the players who did not receive show cause notices (ie Zaka and Fletch) as injured as well

That’s exactly what the AFL has conceded today. They were previously threatening to punish the (supposedly) 8 players who had said they were not going to play, to protect their teammates.

Should we wear a different jumper?

Take a leaf out of Eddie McGuire’s Book
by Bruce Francis » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:15 am

I never thought I would say this but I think the club should take a leaf out of Eddie McGuire’s book.

There is no way Eddie would allow top-up players to wear the Collingwood jumper. I think the club should consider requesting that in the NAB Challenge Essendon be allowed to play in a different jumper - perhaps all black without the sash; or all red to symbolise our anger.

The first step would be for members to flood the EFC office with emails explaining how sacred the Essendon jump is and demanding a different jumper be used for NAB Challenge jumpers.

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15697#p270574

Quoted Post

Should we wear a different jumper?

Take a leaf out of Eddie McGuire’s Book
by Bruce Francis » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:15 am

I never thought I would say this but I think the club should take a leaf out of Eddie McGuire’s book.

There is no way Eddie would allow top-up players to wear the Collingwood jumper. I think the club should consider requesting that in the NAB Challenge Essendon be allowed to play in a different jumper - perhaps all black without the sash; or all red to symbolise our anger.

The first step would be for members to flood the EFC office with emails explaining how sacred the Essendon jump is and demanding a different jumper be used for NAB Challenge jumpers.

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15697#p270574

Any team representing the Essendon Football Club should wear our jumper.

Will be a great opportunity for some of these young men, a memory to treasure. In doing this they are supporting the wishes of our senior group and protecting the anonymity of those who have asked for it to be protected.

I’ll be there supporting them.

As soon as they put on the sash we support them.

Hell, I supported former Collifilth Tuddenham and many former Carlscum in the Sash.

No ring ins wearing our colours or playing under the Essendon banner in the NAB matches. Why are we not up in arms about this?
This yet another humiliating act toward us by the AFL. We ought to be up in arms about this latest act to carve yet another slice off the EFC and its players. Regardless of the AFL rules and the way they have written their act, out players are innocent until proven guilty. This is yet another put down of the mighty EFC. Do not allow the club to be manipulated by the AFL to bend over again.

Voice your disapproval to the club and/or to the AFL while you can. Let your voice be heard.

The top-up players are not really EFC players, yet are representing the club. We demand that players don the sash with pride and commitment, but it’s a stretch to expect too-up players to be as invested as listed players. Horrible conundrum.

It’s a practice match.
I’d be very surprised if Essendon haven’t used top-up players before, for a practice match in the bush, who never ended up playing a senior game in the history of the club.
Very surprised.

It’s not ideal, but lets not make the same mistake as Fark Mick and co by making it bigger than it is.

Most of the non-infracted players won their right to boycott it.

we have players from our VFL list that will be looked at first, those include Schorder, Polkinghorne, Heavyside, Marigilini, Freezer, Taglibue, Heppell, Hickey, Coghlan (Essendon considered as a rookie option last year) Thompson

Al Kefford will be looked at Aberfeldie
Jack Langford
Tipungwuti

otherwise a few ex AFL players or reasonable VFL state league players
M.Brown - sandy
Adam saad
Ben Caverra
Adam Marcon
Jake Owen
Adam Cockie
Jye Bolton

Be good to see Hepp junior & Tippa, perhaps a few others playing in our VFL side with list aspirations.

Good that they’ll get a taste of the “Big Time” (kinda) to inspire them too.

Pity Dusch took off this year. There’s a guy that really would deserve a chance to do so.

If the listed players are to get much out of these games we need the top up players to feel as welcome and as part of the team as much as possible. The team out on the park needs to be as unified as we can make it in such a short time.

If we put the team in an alternative strip it will be sending a subtle message that these players are not really part of the group, not helping create some short term bonding. Hence I think we should play in our normal jumper.

The top-ups may be representing the club, but they also will be representing the fiasco.

Huh?

THIS is a fiasco, take a break and feel the lurrrv people

Who fucken cares. No injuries to any of our actual listed players and wake me up when the season starts

we have players from our VFL list that will be looked at first, those include Schorder, Polkinghorne, Heavyside, Marigilini, Freezer, Taglibue, Heppell, Hickey, Coghlan (Essendon considered as a rookie option last year) Thompson

Al Kefford will be looked at Aberfeldie
Jack Langford
Tipungwuti

otherwise a few ex AFL players or reasonable VFL state league players
M.Brown - sandy
Adam saad
Ben Caverra
Adam Marcon
Jake Owen
Adam Cockie
Jye Bolton

Adam Saad got rookie drafted to (I think) GC. Too bad so Saad.

I wonder if we’ll see KWAME McHARG.

I’d almost be tempted to run a full side of benfti specials. Get Tippa, Louis Egger, Willie Rioli, Waylen, dig Brian Coleman-Broome up from whatever backwater league he’s playing at these days.

Really hard to see a side of top-ups and kids even be remotely competitive with St Kilda’s crappy list, simply cos St Kilda’s crappy list has had a bunch of AFL preseasons. Might as well salvage as much good PR out of the business as we can, and if we can give a bit more visibility to some overlooked indig talent, then it might finally start getting people to pay attention to how awful indig talent pathways have become over the past few years.