NAB Cup team make-up

He wouldn’t need to be upgraded to play NAB, it’s all-in for rookies.

I hope everyone gets some game time but to see Hams running around and getting a kick ‘Will’ be great! :wink:

Full-strength.

A reply to: @pazza regarding QuoteLink

Full-strength.

I’m more partial to the Low-Carb version of the team. Don’t want to get too much of a muffin top before April.

A reply to: @Soft Tissue regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @pazza regarding QuoteLink
Full-strength.

I’m more partial to the Low-Carb version of the team. Don’t want to get too much of a muffin top before April.

Didn’t know you were a fan of Pure Blonde :wink:

Each player on our list will be expected to play 1 -2 games in the pre season. All clubs manage their lists and they plan to use different combinations of players to see what works or which players who need time to learn more about the playing style.

First game mostly all our under 23s available will play with a few senior players
second game - Close to our best 22 available with a few younger players impressing from first game and pre season
Third game - Our best line up likely to take the field in round 1 vs Sydney.

Players to watch for mine this pre season- Ashby, Gleeson, Ambrose, steinberg, kav, Dalegish, Edwards, J.Merrett, ( Hams to play one or two games & Browne one my favs to hopefully return one year since reco)

Unless we boycott them, of course. There is that.

Do two intra clubs at Windy Hill instead. Throw a BBQ and have Hirdy strutting around the place.

That’d make me forget a lot of things.

Might have to give zantuck, cole and bullen a buzz

Forum Footy Team, ASSEMBLE!

Quoted Post

Forum Footy Team, ASSEMBLE!

Scotty for coach!

A reply to: @alex.f.94 regarding QuoteLink

Do two intra clubs at Windy Hill instead. Throw a BBQ and have Hirdy strutting around the place.

That’d make me forget a lot of things.

First game, go out and don’t try at all, loose by 250 points just walking around. Just to give a big FU to the AFL

Quoted Post

First game, go out and don't try at all, loose by 250 points just walking around. Just to give a big FU to the AFL

We’ll get done for tanking.

Even though AD said there is no such thing.

Players I’d like to see are
Edwards Steinberg, Pears Ashby, Cooney, Ambrose, Jackson, Daniher, Giles, Melksham, Gwilt, Browne Gleeson, Long, Laverde Daniher Langford, Fantasia, Bellchambers Kavanagh, McKenna, Dalgleish

QUESTIONS over Essendon’s participation in the NAB Challenge are set to be answered today.

The AFL is set to hold a press conference this afternoon regarding the Bombers’ situation, especially the fate of those 18 players involved in the ongoing supplements saga.

It is believed the AFL will force Essendon to play its scheduled pre-season games with top-up players.

AFL operations manager Mark Evans said the league was sympathetic to the players but were determined to have the games go ahead.

“We have taken some time to work with Essendon out of respect for the position that the players are in and we’ve been quite concerned about their well-being in all of this.

“I should say that we’re not expecting any changes to the fixture, the match is scheduled to go and it really is about working out how best that can take place.”

However, it was revealed state leagues are yet to be asked for top-up players by either the AFL or Essendon.

So how important do people think the 3 game hitout will be for those players who will still play and those that miss?

There is always a player or two who impresses in the preseason comp that is selected in round one and given the chance to continue with their form - will this be an advantage for some of the players not on a forced break?

One positive will be the chance to see some of the younger players and new recruits get some substantial gametime. Hopefully they will be able to build some confidence and seriously push for selection early on.

I’d love to know the thoughts of those that play whether missing the 3 preseason games would set those players back or not? I’m am guessing it may cause them to be a little rusty leading into round 1… but still I wouldn’t know.

XAVIER

A team of benfti specials coached by Knighta would be awesome

At a guess the following players would be free to play NAB 1, the ones missing are injured/not ready or there in 2012.

Chapman
Daniher
Z.Merrett
Goddard
Cooney
Ashby
Edwards
Giles
Ambrose
Langford
Laverde
Gleeson
Hams
Gwilt
Fantasia
McKernan

Quoted Post

At a guess the following players would be free to play NAB 1, the ones missing are injured/not ready or there in 2012.

Chapman
Daniher
Z.Merrett
Goddard
Cooney
Ashby
Edwards
Giles
Ambrose
Langford
Laverde
Gleeson