Name your top 5 for delisting / trading and reason why

Oh and Cutler and Phillips might struggle to get another year with shrinking lists I think.

T.Bellchambers
J.Daniher (get as much as possible from him)
M.Gleeson
T.Cutler
O.Fantasia
J.Begley
K.Mutch
J.Townsend
C.McKenna
S.McKernan
A.Saad (We are not winning a flag in the next 4 years, get picks from him now when his currency is at its peak)

7 Likes

You’re welcome

Retire
Hurley Love the guy but well past his use by date.
Hooker As Above
Zaharakis has shown his best and there is no more improvement
Trade
Fanta as above.
Daniher Will never get the discipline he needs at EFC

Trade anyone else who has currency except Stringer, Saad, Merrett, Parish

1 Like

Belly, McKenna🍀 and McKernan retired soo

1 Townsend limited footballer
2 Cutler …soft
3 Gleeson
4 Hibberd
5 probably one of Mutch/Begley
and one of Hooker/Hurley to be traded/retired.

Wouldn’t Fantasia go under free agency?

Retire:
Bellchambers
Zaharakis
McKernan
McKenna

Delist:
Mutch
Begley
Gown
Gleeson
Hibberd
Crauford

Trade:
Fantasia
Joe (if the right deal is offered)

If I could add some offseason targets I’d say
Draft - Thilthorpe/Hollands (assuming one slides to our pick), Brand, Eyre, General Defender
Trade - O’Halloran, Graham

Whatever Dodoro thinks is best. He’s got at least 8 or 9 more years left in him.

6 Likes

Hurley, zaharakis, heppell, hooker, bellchambers, fantasia, daniher. The club needs a culture change and these guys have mostly been part of a terrible culture under 4 or 5 coaches already and are suppose to be our leaders.

3 Likes

Off topic but I would clear X. Noticed he is up in Queensland on the clubs dime so can only assume he is on the playing list. Why else would he be up there? He’s an administrator! Why is he up there? What’s he got to do with on field stuff? Why isnt he back at Tulla handling strategy, cash flows, marketing etc? This place is a circus.

Lol I’m not his biggest fan but it was the last game of the year and the last game ever for the senior coach, B&F is on Sunday. It’s perfectly natural that he’s there.

3 Likes

X will be gone in a few seasons anyway. Hes going to be the next ceo of the afl

Hopefully he ■■■■■ up the AFL like he ■■■■■■ up Essendon.

3 Likes

Just saw this thread…my reaction

3 Likes

Agree, we will never win a final until we get rid of all these players

Would be great if we only needed to consider 5 players to delist.

Gleeson, Cutler, Clarke, Begley, Mutch, Gown, Francis and Hibberd should all be delisted.

Need to consider offers for Daniher and Fantasia, though I doubt there will be much interest from the SA clubs for Fantasia now.

Zaka lucky he still has a year on his contract.

When you consider that Bellchambers, McKenna and McKernan are already off the list there should be no less than 10-12 list changes.

1 Like

Get rid of:

1. Any administrator that agreed to the Shiel trade, because they have absolutely NFI how to build a premiership quality list, and they only succeeded in welding shut the window for 5+ years.
  2. Any player older than Merrett, because they are now too old to be a part of a premiership Essendon team.
  3. Any player younger than Merrett who is lacking the athleticism to compete at AFL level. That means Mutch/Clarke as definites, and fairly ruthless scrutiny across all of Begley/Hibberd/Gown/Cahill/BZT/Francis/Redman.

Sounds like you just want Merrett?

2 Likes

Our best player IMO.

1 Like

Langford?[quote=“Scorpio, post:24, topic:19980, full:true”]
Retire
Hurley Love the guy but well past his use by date.
Hooker As Above
Zaharakis has shown his best and there is no more improvement
Trade
Fanta as above.
Daniher Will never get the discipline he needs at EFC

Trade anyone else who has currency except Stringer, Saad, Merrett, Parish
[/quote]

Langford?