Name your top 5 for delisting / trading and reason why

This. Arguably could add Merrett and McG to that list, but that brings back the midget midfield problem.

But what a shocking indictment of the club (and the way it un-develops players) that only 5 or so from a full list are worth keeping.

I don’t get the love for Langford. He makes way too many clangers.

1 Like

Guelfi, Snelling and Cutler probably get another go around in a period where the draft is such an unknown. I get the criticisms but unfortunately you do need some depth players even in a rebuild period.

I can tell you for a fact that the club still sees the potential in Redman, and they think he has shown enough this year that he is a part of our future. I think Francis will be the same unless very enticing offer.

1 Like

We will also go to draft with maybe 5 picks. We may want to trade in a player or 2. Then there is the touted 3 off the list. That’s a total of 10 players to let go.

1. Belly (retire)
  2. McKernan (retire)
  3. McKenna (retire)
  4. Fantasia (trade 3rd rounder)
  5. Townsend (delist)
  6. Cutler (delist)
  7. Begley (delist)
  8. Mutch (delist)
  9. Hibberd (delist)
  10. Gleeson or Guelfi (if Guelfi wants to go home then trade)

That’s a quarter of the list of. You can’t sack everyone. Obviously a lot will depend on Saad and Daniher.

List overhaul can’t be done in one year, most takes two if not three. These are good start.

1 Like

Zacka, Hurley and Hooker are all contracted in 2021. And; we need some senior players to mentor young guns who are on board. And; Hooker can also play in the fwd line.

Trade those who want to leave who we can and get some currency. Keep ANYONE WHO HAS SHOWN PROMISE. Delist those who cannot make the grade or who won’t knuckle down. We need to trade wisely. PLEASE, EFC do not trade any more of other club rejects, we are NOT in the any f1cking window, not even Myers Melbourne’s Christmas window.

1 Like

Here is as good a place for this as anywhere.

Anyone expecting, hoping, praying for a rebuild leading into the clubs 150 year celebrations is delusional.

We’ll be dizzy from the spin.

2 Likes

Trade/ delist/ cannon

1. Hurley- absolute shadow of the player he used to be. Is a detriment to the team on the field nowadays

2. Zaka- you all knew I was going to put him in

3. Francis- doesn’t seem to want it enough. Been in the system for long enough and still nowhere fit enough

4. Raz- can’t have a guy on the list who is injured for 3 qtrs of the season. It isn’t like his form has been great when he has played either

5.gleeson- that squib yesterday was woeful. Can’t defend, still skinny as a rake.laters

Then of course you have the jobbers who aren’t ever going to be good AFL players like Mutch, begley, cutler

1 Like

Hurley and Zacka are contracted for 2021. Scrub them off your list.

You can get out of stuff like that. You just need to be creative

I get Fanta but why get rid of Francis? Absolutely at the lowest trade value, maybe late 3rd rounder at best. I would take a bet his will do better than a possible late 3rd rounder.
Good bigs don’t grow on trees. Give him at least another year absolutely nothing to lose.

2 Likes

Like Bruce Gibbs was?
Where there is a will there is a way.
Crows pretty much bluntly told Gibbs that he could
A) train his backside off for 6 days a week and not get picked ever again whilst picking up $800k
OR
B) Play golf, drink beer and relax or play some SANFL or country footy whilst getting paid $500k

I’ll take B thanks

1 Like

Zaharakis
Cutler
Hooker
Mutch
Begley

Feel for the last 2, prob didn’t get a good run at and are better footballers than others, but there’s no carrying players with shortened lists.

Still contracted for next season on reportedly decent coin.

Give up on the Powell-Pepper trade. It’s not going to happen

Don’t get your Francis call. When he was playing in def 50. Along with Riddles and Redman we were nigh impenetrable.

Prob was the ball was coming in at crazy high freq.

And he’s our best kick out of def 50.

1 Like

I don’t think he is in the coaches plans tbh. He has been available the last 2 weeks and he hasn’t been picked. The games have been meaningless, so you would think they would be getting games into him.

I’ll be honest, I think he is a decent kick- but I don’t think he is a great kick by any means. He produces a couple of howlers each game

Not with that attitude.

all the saga guys.

heppell
Hurley
hooker
zaka

they’re all cooked anyway.

add in about 5 other obvious ones like cutlet, townsend, gleeson, begley, much, gown, smelling.

If your name isn’t McGrath, Ridley or Draper then you’re not untouchable.
All others, at the right price, will be considered

3 Likes

No, no he’s not. Ridley is by a MILE.
Francis can kick it a mile but it’s nowhere near as accurate as people think. Couple that with his decision making and he becomes a liability with the ball