Nathan Fyfe, what he would bring to Essendon

Just want people thoughts on what a fully fit Fyfe could do for Essendon and what would we swap to get him.

This years and next years first, best player in the comp

Luscious hair

3 Likes

At Essendon Fyfe could he a floater between forward/midfield. Plau james hird role go on the ball when team needs a lift in the middle.

Would trade pick 1 this year. Is better than compensation if he goes next year. And could use GWS in a three way if they are desperate for 1 or freo trade 3 for lobb & Mccarthy

Pick 1 freo
Ess fyfe,
Pick 3, GWS
Mccarthy, Lobb

Would instantly make us top 4 contenders

Dyson,3rd right rounder and edwards should get it done

Is this a poll?

At Essendon Fyfe could he a floater between forward/midfield. Plau james hird role go on the ball when team needs a lift in the middle.

Would trade pick 1 this year. Is better than compensation if he goes next year. And could use GWS in a three way if they are desperate for 1 or freo trade 3 for lobb & Mccarthy

Pick 1 freo
Ess fyfe,
Pick 3, GWS
Mccarthy, Lobb

How does getting GWS involved change anything between us and freo as a trade? Those are two separate trades.
Also I doubt just pick1 will be enough

“Beware the Thane of Fyfe…”

I see a parallel between Hird in the late 90s when he was injury ravaged.and Fyfe right now.
At the time, I wouldn’t have traded Hird for anything. A Brownlow Medalist who could turn a game at will doesn’t come along often. I know we’ve had Simon Madden, Terry Daniher, Jobe Watson, Time Watson, Lloyd, Lucas and Fletcher since the mid 80s but Hird was on another level to those guys when you sit back and think of what he was able to achieve. And if Hird ever wanted to leave, I’d want multiple draft picks and a reliable player. He was seriously that valuable.

That’s what it’ll take to get Fyfe.
And considering that Hird (in my opinion) was better from 1999 onwards than he was before that period I think we could get a great deal out of Fyfe without him necessarily winning anything of significance.

I doubt we’d have the balls to seriously get him though. After all, it is a massive investment on someone who has struggled to get on the field consistently since late in his Brownlow year.

This years and next years first, best player in the comp

I’d do that in a heart beat. I doubt Fyfe will be going anywhere though

So most people would say Fyfe would put us as top 4 and in serious contention,
Why wouldn’t we give pick 1 and say 19?
He is Hird like and would be the icing on the cake next to hep, parish, Watson and co…
The draft is a lottery so why would we throw the kitchen sink at him?
He is worth the risk…

Don’t want him injury prone and lucky Brownlow medalist would rather McLuggage

And so was Hird, look what he became…

And so was Hird, look what he became..

Look at gumbleton myers

Watched footy since the days of Windy Hill and bought “peanuts” off the peanut man…
Fyfe is something real special, he only comes along every so often…

We’re not getting Fyfe.

And so was Hird, look what he became..

Look at gumbleton myers

Gumbleton and Myers never won a Brownlow, Hird and Fyfe have…

"Beware the Thane of Fyfe..."

No

We're not getting Fyfe.

No, but you at least have to ask

You clowns do realise he’s a free agent next year?

Or do you just like the idea of giving away the no.1 pick?