NBA 2015/16 thread. The season before Simmons, Summer League starts in a week

Good game so far!

8 - 0 end of the first half to the GSW

Trade must be on the cards for Celtics, drafted too many PGs in the last couple years. Smarts been named recently, & I doubt Ainge wants to let IT2 go. Got a lot of B-grade players that would be good role guys for some contenders (Olynyk, Turner, Bass etc.) hoping to see some stuff done before the FA.

The president has stated that Smart being traded was never didcussed. Would need to be a massive offer considering the effort they went to in scouting him in his dtaft year.

Sully could be traded to Hornets as he isn’t following the Celtics on twitter anymore and just started following the Hornets. Im praying Brooklyn get a lottery pick as we get their unprotected pick next season

Obviously he says Smart is going to be traded. Imagine having your starting PG knowing he isn’t wanted at the club.

I also saw those Sully rumours. Not sure what’s the deal with him. I don’t like Kelly Olynyk too much, wouldn’t mind seeing him shipped off somewhere. And those Brooklyn picks are very very valuable.

Durant in God mode.

woops, wrong board, can mods please move?

fark carlton?

Interesting to see how this season unfolds I reckon. Wonder if other side will try and copy the Warriors small ball, stack up on shooters and give up the inside.

Interesting to see how this season unfolds I reckon. Wonder if other side will try and copy the Warriors small ball, stack up on shooters and give up the inside.

I think the stacking up on shooters is a bit a bit overblown. Green, Barnes and Iggy?

They move the ball well and get open shots. They only have two great shooters.

I think they only got away with giving up the inside in the finals because Kyrie and Love were out and Bogut was playing horribly by the time he got dropped.

Agree that the Warriors shooting is a bit overblown. I mean, obviously any team with Steph and Klay is automatically a very good shooting team, but the rest aren’t that great. Their key was their versatility. They had a lot of guys who could shoot a little, pass and defend multiple positions which allowed them to switch pick and rolls easily, and Draymond’s ability to guard bigs meant they had a power forward who could push the ball off a rebound and create heaps of easy transition / delayed transition baskets without having to give up the inside. Their defense was great.

Spurs won the year before and 80% of the league still played ISO

Russell was a great get by the Lakers.

Now we just need to get Love/Aldridge and we are set.

I’ll take LMA a million times before Love.

I cant keep up, where is LMA going, during the draft someone mentioned the spurs?

I cant keep up, where is LMA going, during the draft someone mentioned the spurs?

Spurs still his first choice from what is being said, but Lakers firming right behind them.

Dallas and Knicks a long distant third.

Interesting that part of the reason he is leaving because the orgs love affair with Lillard

Why cant well resourced organisations look after their own stars?

FYI the league pass was potentially best buy . Renew

I think it also includes summer league, want to look at last years rookies randle Parker etc

Anyone know when the new fixture is t. Hope I can catch a couple of games in november

I'll take LMA a million times before Love.

Lakers are very confident of landing one of them, hence why they went with Russell today.

Spurs still his first choice from what is being said, but Lakers firming right behind them.

Dallas and Knicks a long distant third.

Yep, spurs make the most sense for him seeing as his son lives in San Antonio, but I will cry if they have to dump Patty to make salaries work.

That being said I imagine the market for him would be quite strong.

I'll take LMA a million times before Love.

Lakers are very confident of landing one of them, hence why they went with Russell today.

Boogie.