NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

His shots from the series

Yeah. And 47% when you’re only scoring in the paint is below average. Missed some dunks, lay ups, put backs, etc. The Boston series will be a great learning experience for him and also the Sixers as a team. They now have some added motivation for next season, and also they know that the Celtics are their biggest obstacle if they want to make Conference Finals and also the NBA Finals. Philly will be an attractive destination for FA players and guys looking for a trade.

2 Likes

This is not the first super talented young duo in the league

TMAC/CARTER
SHAQ/PENNY
KOBE/SHAQ

Will be interesting to see how Ben and Joel play out. Plenty of combos have split, because they couldn’t work it out.

TBH - Embiid was a bit disappointing that series and was found out a little.

They are both young and will work through their issues - but they will need to establish who the number 1 player on the team is.

I remember reading a great article, once Wade accepted that Lebron was the Alpha at the Heat - they started to click.

1 Like

Dwane Casey Fired.

Regular Toronto Raptors has resumed

Imagine if they fired the ‘Coach of the Year’ (even if I think the award should go elsewhere).
I’m sure he wont have any trouble finding a new job shortly.

I wish the next round would hurry up and start already.

He was as bad in the 2nd series as he was good in the 1st round.

If Harden wins the MVP this year, then OKC drafted 3 MVPs and didn’t win a championship with them.

3 Likes

If Cavs could hit an open shot this might be a close game

Al Goatford

2 Likes

Sooo… What excuses now for the Celtics winning again? Because it’s all about how badly the opposition plays, and not how well Boston does…

3 Likes

The conversation will switch to “Did Jordan ever get outscored by Marcus Morris?” /s

So proud of this team. We’ve been underdogs the whole way and forced the “GOAT” off the court with 6 minutes to play with no timeouts!

3 Likes

Game 2 I expect a response from LeBron. After some of the beatdowns they got in the Pacers series, LBJ pretty much took over. He will try to do so again. We have to be ready. 2-0 going to Cleveland is a must if we are get past them.

2 Likes

Cavs had plenty of open shots, just missed most of them. Their defence is as bad as it always has been.

1 Like

Proud of the kids in the starting 5…bring on game 2

Cavs are resting,

This will be a rough series.

They are the 2 seed.

I get that they are missing Kyrie, but that’s it right? (not including Haywood - who has not been part of the team all year)

Such a well coached team, the young players - just get better and better. Such composure

Rockets vs Dubs will be a fascinating series

Can CP3 step up in a big final series?
Can Durant continue to lead this team as the no.1 player?
Can Harden defend the 3 ball?

Home court advantage is huge.

2 Likes

I’ll say Warriors in 6, but if Game 1 is a beatdown to GSW then I can see the broom coming out. There’s something flaky about Houston even though they are the #1 seed and have home court for this series. Not quite at Toronto levels but similar…

Lively start. Draymond already given away a Technical. Harden hit 3 3s and has 12 points with 5 mins left in the 1st. This series looks like it will be a feisty one, which is great!

I think Rockets in 5.

Harden the star, but Capella the difference.

I’m a pessimistic ■■■■■■■ though.