NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

As I suspected the East final is a ratings disaster.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/raptors-bucks-eastern-conference-finals-ratings-011932974.html

The Eastern Conference Finals features two players who could be considered the NBA’s best in Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kawhi Leonard, a team that posted the league’s best record and point differential (Milwaukee Bucks) and a grizzled opponent looking to make their first NBA Finals (Toronto Raptors).

None of that seems to be a compelling draw for the average viewer in the United States, however.

The Athletic’s Richard Deitsch detailed that Game 2 between the Bucks and Raptors averaged 4.39 million viewers on TNT, down 48 percent year-over-year from when the LeBron James-led Cleveland Cavaliers squared off against the Boston Celtics in 2018.

The one with Steph

I question whether people watch sports the way they used to.
Why bother with a tv subscription when you can stream it off NBA tv.

1 Like

Agree

How do you capture the online streams (reddit/twitter) etc

Apparently boogie scrimmaged today, so probably plays game 1 or 2.
Kd still limping, so might be looking at game 4 at earliest.

Team 2
Kawhi on permanent takeover :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

1 more Raptors 1 more!!!
#wethenorth

1 Like

Assuming Embiid’s healthy, I’m taking Team 2. Kawhi, KD and Embiid? The back court isn’t too bad either.

1 Like

Yeah I like team 2, but you can’t double Steph and Harden so one of them is going to score 80, Jokic is the best pick n roll guy in the league and a beautiful passer and you’ve got the Greek freak and George on the wings.

Maybe team 2 only because Harden would start hogging it an throw bricks in the 4th quarter most likely

1 Like

Same. Better defenders at almost every spot.

Lebron’s the biggest draw in basketball.

He could play for Kilsyth Cobras and they’d rate.

1 Like

Dame is a better defender than Harden/Curry? LOL

“Almost”

Team 1 would win and win comfortably, can you just imagine the amount of free throws Harden and Curry would get?

Lillard gets more FTs than Curry does.

Bucks leading in Game 6. Started like a house on fire from deep but Toronto pegged them back. I still think Milwaukee are the best chance to beat the Warriors in the finals match-up with their length and ability to shoot the 3 ball. Toronto still far too reliant on Kawhi to do it all…

Shooting 50% from 3 point land is the reason they are up now.

They have lacked composure in the last few minutes when it’s close. Can the bucks hold their nerve now.

Raps now opened up an 8-point lead, Vanvleet turned into Steph Curry, 14 points off the bench on 5/6 shooting. Raps defence has been excellent in this stretch…

1 Like

Kawhi is a machine

1 Like