NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Don’t give that oxygen thief any forum or credence

4 Likes

Kuzma will play the 4 and LeBron the 3 but there will be times where they swap.

They just need to fill in the backcourt now.

Nothing changes a poor culture more than winning.

Lakers now favourite to win it all??

Not yet. Depends on who else they add

Damn I can’t wait to see Lebron and AD play together.
Going to be so interesting to see what other pieces they add.

No I mean they actually ARE favourite now in Vegas. After the AD trade they went to 3/1.

1 Like

LOL

Right now they have about 4 contracted players

To me it seems like you would’ve been better keeping the 2 guards and sending Kuzma off.

Yeah I agree, but I like Kuzma and I think there is a lot of untapped potential with BI and Lonzo. Hart looks to be a good team member.

Good point made by Bill Simmons. Lonzo throwing alleys to Zion. Pelicans = Lob City 2.0?

1 Like

Considering they have about 3 players on the roster right now, hard to say.

Tbh I think they sold their soul

The truth is we won’t know for another 12 months.

I personally think it is a win-win for both teams.

Lakers get another star to put alongside LeBron and help compete for a title.

The Pelicans get 3 young really good pieces and multiple first round picks.

For the Lakers, for the past few seasons they have seen Lonzo and Ingram not be able to show the durability to play out a whole season and IMO have seen the likes of Ingram stagnate with Ball making tiny steps forward.

The Lakers need to win now whilst LeBron is still a top player in the league and the Pelicans weren’t going to be able to put anything big enough around AD to mount any serious threat in the West.

This way they get a whole heap of young guys who can develop and grow together and they will be exciting to watch.

1 Like

I think the wheels can fall off pretty quickly here. LeBron will be 35 by the start of next season, father time catches up on all. I think they have a 2 year window left.

How will AD go with all the media attention, he doesn’t like to play injured, now he can expect media reports on him every hour. Cali is much different to Louisiana.

They have an assistant coach that will be hoping for the head coach to fail, so he can jump in he hot seat and a front office that is a laugh.

We will see. I really hope Leonard goes to the clippers, that series would be amazing

LaMelo Ball to play for the Illawarra Hawks. :open_mouth:
Can’t see that ending well.

2 Likes

Tell you what, I’m going to a game when the Hawks are in Melbourne. He’s the good Ball brother, as in he at least has a shot of making it to the NBA. The other one is no good.

PS: NBA Draft this Friday morning our time. Can’t wait to see what happens. Talk that the AD trade might not go down until July 30. That way the #4 draft pick the Lakers possess will count as salary on their payroll, so they can use that to open up more cap space to either sign a max FA or help fill out the roster. The Lakers would be picking a player on behalf of the Pelicans. Very interesting how it all works.

3 Likes

There is an added complexity though.
Whoever the Lakers draft on behalf of the Pels or whoever gets the pick won’t be able to play with them through the summer league.

Apparently the same thing happened when Love skipped across to Cleveland meaning Andrew Wiggins had to play with Cleveland through the summer league.

Yeah, most people think the trade will have to go to beforehand.

8 Likes

How Chris Paul is on 40 mil for the next 3 years at ages 34-38 completely blows my mind.
Surely that has to be one of the worst deals imaginable.

1 Like

I’d say it’s up there with John Wall’s contract at Washington as the move unmovable in the NBA. He’s the same ago as LeBron, nowhere near as durable and they’re owing him $120 Mil across the next 3 years. Who will be dumb enough to take that on? I think Houston might be stuck with him even if he and Harden don’t get along…