NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

Rubio got big $
Not sure who we were bidding against but I’ll take a starting point guard… still need to clear salary to make it happen.

Utah have done really well. I’m surprised Philly have let Redick go. If Butler leaves as well, I don’t know where they’re going with this roster. Ben and Joel, and what else? They can bring back Harris I guess but there’s still a lot of pieces to fit around them…

The fact Pelinka has put them in a position to do both after the debacle of the last four months is amazing.

People seem to forget that the great Pat Riley did the same with Miami. At the time Lebron and Bosh joined them, they only had one player on their roster.
Maybe he should have won more with that crew, but he got two championships by getting the best players possible then filling out the rest of the roster.

As a Laker fan, I’m happy if the Lakers get another max or spread it across depth.
You get the right max player and your set up for when Lebron retires. Spread it across depth and you maximise Lebron’s time but could struggle when he’s ready to retire.

As an NBA fan, I would have loved to see a fully fit GSW go against a three headed maxed out Lakers roster. But given that Durant is going to the Nets, I’d like to see a competitive league without ‘super teams’.

2 Likes

Harris getting a max contract with Philly.

Redick was the plan B offence.

Now what do Philly have?

They need a shooter, another shooter and then another shooter.

2 Likes

Tobias Harris has agreed to a five-year, $180M contract to return to the Philadelphia 76ers

Just maybe Simmons needs to trust his shot?

Turn that frown upside down Knick fans. Julius Randle 3 years/$63 Million.

JJ was a total liability defensively. They need to tighten up the defensive side of their game.

2 Likes

I’m all in on the DLo sign and trade!

Destination club :slightly_frowning_face:

Loving all the action already! Philly will miss Reddick.

Durant, Kyrie and (apparently) Jordan to the nets is HUGE! Surely they are going to have to get rid of a lot of good pieces now.

Middleton $178 Million is just ridiculous! Decent player, but that’s just dumb.

Already happening, Crabbe gone, Russell gone, Demarrr Carroll gone.

And they don’t look like keeping Rondae Hollis jefferson either.

Derrick Rose 2 years with the Pistons.

Al Horford has agreed to a four-year, $109M deal with the Philadelphia 76ers

Jimmy Butler to Miami! A shame to lose Richardson (and not sure what else yet).

1 Like

I like the Simmons, Richardson, Harris, Horford, Embiid lineup for the Sixers

Holy crap!

1 Like

Perhaps too many bigs in the starting 5?