NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

simmons looking at a max contract…for a bloke who cant shoot and is 50% from the stripe its ridiculous…hes the guy who should be on the court when its clutch but due to his free throw shooting never is…

Whos the closer for the 76ers now?

release the hounds!

Yeah it’s unfathomable to think a 22 year old all star can’t improve

7 Likes

Lol. The constant focus on what he can’t do ignores how good he is at everything else. Signs were there last season that his shot is coming. You build a team around his talent.

Defensively, the Sixers might be so good they rarely need a closer. Richardson has plenty of upside, Embiid is a freak and Harris keeps getting better. They are going to be a nightmare matchup.

1 Like

Also… this is the year of Shake Milton.

biggest improvement could come from a healthy Embiid.

Needs to have the dedication to his body that Giannis has.

3 Likes

Haha it’s hilarious

But he can’t shoot a 3…

Raptors just showed the league, you can win a chip by Moneyball . Just insert guys that can give you a couple 3s a night

Ben is a beast, I don’t care for his 3 shot. All I want is for him to get to the line more and stay aggressive.

I have a really high ceiling for Ben and Philly this year. Conference finals minimum

2 Likes

Hope heat get Beal.

Beal and Jimmy? I wonder how long that’ll last

More than Kyrie and durant.

Booker only one left from before last years draft.

At this point Knicks are a better organisation than Suns

1 Like

Worst run organisations in the NBA:

Suns
Hornets
Knicks
Lakers (From an organisational POV they are a mess, but off the back of their name alone they’ve been able to attract star players. Still have the equal worst record in the NBA over the past 6 years…)

I think Dolan cops alot of ■■■■.

A bit of it is fair. They messed up with moving on KP for peanuts. Now he could turn into an injured euro princess or the next dirk. I am leaning towards the later, but he just looked like hard work.

Is that on the knicks or KP? I think that was on KP, looked very immature. Sure he will shine in Dallas.

The lottery again, was out of his control. Picked RJ who has embraced the city and looks like a good kid, don’t sleep on the fact he might be the best of the class.

I don’t think AD was ever going to the Knicks and then you have KD and Kyrie.

You know what I would think about giving KD a max, could be a Kobe 2.0 and he is just bricking them all day. I don’t think that will happen, but he could maybe come back as a top 15 player.

Kyrie I think is over rated , needs the ball in his hand all the time and you are better of a guard that gets the backcourt involved.

I don’t have any doubt that KD will return as a top 3 player in the NBA. He’s 7-foot with a 7’6" wingspan and can shoot over anybody and get whatever look at the basket he can. If it was Giannis, who relies on athleticism, then I would be concerned because if he comes back even 80% of the athlete he is, the rest of his game isn’t rounded enough. He’s not a good shooter, so if he can’t get to the hoop then what is he? Even if KD doesn’t have the pop to take it to the rack, he’d still be a lethal scorer because he can get his shot anytime. I’d rather risk giving KD max money than signing Julius Randle, Taj Gibson and Reggie Bullock.

1 Like

I’d place Orlando and Washington in there before the Lakers. There is not much between them though.
Maybe Cleveland as well, but they’ve had some success.

Yeah the Wiz are pretty badly run.

Seems more and more likely Kawhi will sign a 1+1 with Toronto.

1 Like

I hope so.

2 Likes

opinion?

That contract to wall. Wow

1 Like