NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

I’m shocked at the squad the boomers have announced.

So Simmons is a massive EFC fan, so why did I just see him on the TV at punt road, with a AFLW player

I would have thought he could have gone for a tour of the hanger?

Aside from Creek and Adel anyone else that should have been given a spot? Was Josh Green ever a legit chance of joining the squad?

He was at our game Saturday and saw pics of him with Walla in the change rooms

Didn’t get a camp invite, it’s been weird the whole way tbh. Motum should have got a look in. I don’t understand why Humphries didn’t make the training squad.

The couple of Bullets guys getting the nod looks dodgy AF

3 Likes

The government spends $60,000 on every Aboriginal man, woman and child
Admittedly a major part of that is wasted on the slime that infest the Aboriginal industry and the wanton destruction to property by the Aboriginals themselves.

A perfect example of waste was shown on the TV series Outback Truckers.
Two drivers. two double B’s hauling a load of gravel and cement 2,500km to a community of 22 people on the NT coast to build a basketball court.

Example 2: My son was working on a new medical facility on a community near Alice Springs when a young Aboriginal committed suicide by hanging himself with a length of flex.
The roofing crew jumped down to try and save him but were prevented by the Aboriginal supervisor who warned them they would be blamed.
Within 3 hours the community was empty, they were told to pack up and get out and only come back when he told them, when they returned the medical facility was wrecked along with many other buildings.

That didn’t make the papers.

Is Thon Maker injured or just didn’t get a look in?

NBA commitments?

I know a guy who was working on indigenous reconciliation up north in the 1970s. He was involved in a protest which got a little heated and a property owner shot an aboriginal dead at point blank with a rifle in front of him.

He went to the local police who said ‘why do you care? it’s only an abo’. He tried to escalate to NT and Federal Government and got nowhere. He tried to escalate to the UN but they were focused on the rights of black South Africans and apartheid.

That’s two generations ago.

Think of the narratives that creates in a community. Think about what 160 years (8 - 10 generations) of being treated like lesser humans does to the stories that aboriginals tell each other.

I don’t give a ■■■■ if it’s costing us 60k a head to try and drag a whole race out of the perception that they are worthless. I don’t give two ■■■■■ if some of that money is wasted. If 5% of those funds go to building positive narratives and positive role models that help future generations and stop the horrific human consequences of our colonial past that is money well spent.

Certainly prefer spending it on that than on some of the rubbish our governments waste tax on

8 Likes

So has Delly but he is in the Boomers.

It is the ■■■■■■■ government that is wasting it.

And calm down, treat yourself to a drink at the Todd Tavern.

And learn how to spell Aboriginal, anyone born in this country is aboriginal.

Pistons shut him down

So your subjecting your frankly ■■■■■■ up racial profiling view based on 2 examples?

Captain Velcro… taking it to new levels.

4 Likes

brb … need to google half these guys

Is it true the Victorian government paid Ben to come to Melbourne?

Please tell me that is fake news

It’s fake, half his family live here

The government has confirmed it according to this article, just refused to disclosed dollars.

Andrews has no issue spending others money

Unprecedented that a government would spend money advertising in an attempt to attract the tourism dollar.

Disgraceful behaviour. Governments are here to spend money on sham Great Barrier Reef foundations and subsudies to major polluters, not to attract icky foreigners to drop their disgustingly valuable currencies in to our economy.

Resign in shame, Communists!

7 Likes

It says it paid him to promote Victoria, not come here. So that likely means since your coming here can you do a few promotional activities.
I’m not sure they got what they were hoping for though.

1 Like