Neeld gets it - walks out never to return

5 Likes

We haven’t seen this list play to it’s potential yet. Obviously the midfield needs more depth but I think this is the most talented list we’ve had in the last decade. IMO, the problem is in the coaches box, must have a proper game plan that sets up for the players we have at our disposal. I don’t think the style they’ve been asked to play suits our list or plays to our strengths. Just my opinion obviously.

13 Likes

Footy Classified

Lloydy was at Sandy yesterday for the VFL game. He spent a bit of time chatting with the seniors as well as standing behind the goals with his son. He was a very interested spectator.

4 Likes

I agree about the potential, but it is out of balance

1 back up kpf
0 back up small f
2 inside mids on the whole list
4 back up kpd
5 ruckman when most clubs carry 3
No developing small defenders
An incredible amount of mid sized flankers

Mate, the balance is terrible

4 Likes

I agree. We don’t have any big midfielders. And we need some.

Apparently as well, we also have too many big forwards…

And we don’t need any big backs anymore, cause there are no big forwards for them to play on…

IVE GOT AN IDEAAAA

New midfield:
Centre line: Hooker, Hurley, Hartley
Rover: Bellchambers
Ruck Rover: Brown
Ruckman: Smith (ruckman have to be mobile these days you know)

Skip …Harvs …jackets …fitness bloke

Pops said “no thanks I’ll stay in my playing gear for the photo shoot”

1 Like

How many Cripps type mids are there out there? They’re fkg Hard to find! Cripps, Bont, Fyfe, Mundy, who else?

Is Tom Mitchell a beast midfielder? Dusty is barely over six foot. Both gun clearance mids and yes, we don’t have a pure clearance mid and I’ve stated we need more midfield depth but this coaching panel denies us an opportunity to see what we do have on the list by playing the same tried & failed such as Myers, Baguley & McNeice for instance. See what Clarke is doing in the VFL? Why aren’t we seeing him in Myers’ spot in the AFL team? Why aren’t we seeing Redman in Baguley or McNeice’s spot? Langford or Laverde in the midfield? We haven’t seen the potential of this list due to boneheaded coaching and selection.

15 Likes

No wonder

I’m inclined to take your posts more seriously than others don’t toy with my emotions.

2 Likes

And Doc Reid in the centre - not enough experience at stoppages now that Jobe’s gone

3 Likes

Just play to the list’s strengths: spine, pace and potentcy up forward. Surely it’s not that hard to build a gameplan that leverages the strengths of hooker, Hurley, zerrett, Daniher, Stringer, Fantasia, Heppell. They’ve all been AA or thereabouts.

7 Likes

I’m sorry, but I don’t trust the players. Especially when it has anything to do with strategy or coaching. The players need to do their job, and stop complaining about everything else.

3 Likes

When do the higher ups get reviewed.

Is there anyone at the club doing a good job?

1 Like

In his podcast today Hird said Harvey is a very good strategist; Skipworth has an excellent connection with the players; and he praised the Corrigans. Didn’t say anything about Neeld.

3 Likes

Bolonaise

1 Like

How long ago was that?

I’m not messing around…it feels so good to be back :ok_hand:

22 Likes

There is nothing that wrong with our list.
Hell, six weeks ago people were very bullish on our prospects.

The fact is we have too many players out of form playing a brand of football that looks disjointed. You only have to be 2% off these days and other teams will steamroll you.

4 Likes