Neeld gets it - walks out never to return

Has to be 13-14 years ago now?

Lawry returns.

Coach gets sacked.

#MoversandShakers

11 Likes

Llyod said the same thing about Harvey on Footy Classified

1 Like

Does that not put us a little behind the times?

1 Like

Joe…tippa and Zach carrying injuries all season hadn’t helped …throw in Raz being out and that is part of the issue …next I hope the club comes clean on injuries

27 Likes

Zach?

1 Like

Yes

Great, so he can continue to fark us.

I never said we had the best list, I said I think it’s the best we’ve had in a decade but of course it can get better. Every list has holes & I’m with you on mid depth and I’d love for you to pick a small forward or two for us, we do neglect that area of the ground. We persist too long with the likes of Jerrett to acknowledge there’s a problem there. I’d say we’re slow to adjust to trends.

McNeice & Baguley highlight a deficiency in small defenders too but again, have we seen what we have yet? IMO, that’s a no because our team has been so poorly administrated that we don’t know how Redman is going, is he up to playing AFL? The defence has been so far under the pump this year, have we seen what Saad can truly do?

Until we set up a proper game plan where our players have a chance to show their wares, shuffle the deck and find a combination that works, we don’t truly know what we have.

My criticism is we have a lot of in betweener types, Langford, Laverde, Redman, Begley, Stringer etc probably all need to play similar roles as medium forwards or defenders. I don’t see any of them as natural mids although they may have that potential.

1 Like

We still have a team of soft cocckks, players like Bellchambers, Zaka ect
yet Clarke just rots in the VFL.

Sacking Neeld should only be the start.

1 Like

I wish they would.

Joe, Tippa and Zach have copped a bit of a flogging in the media. Has damaged hair reputation a bit. Unfairly too if they’re playing injured.

1 Like

The one with bad hair reputation is Heppel

10 Likes

There’s a few more… Danger, Kennedy… Martin’s 187 cms but strong through the core - doesn’t have an ounce of fat so he can be misleading.

Anyway, size doesn’t equal strength but the mids we have in the firsts are just too small - you can’t have five who all give away 8 to 10kgs to their opponents. I’m a fan of Clarke and been calling for his inclusion for a long time. Likewise Lang/Lav and totally agree with you that they need to get a game - but they’re not midfielders… yet, and maybe never. Anyway, too many mids who are too small - that’s bad list management - Dodoro did not predict that the AFL would be all about berserker ball on every line, where strength, endurance and Selwood-level stupidity are what you need in your average recruit.

2 Likes

If thats true then they should come clean. I get to an extent not wanting to reveal weakness to the opposition and not thinking it would get to this stage. But now is the time to wipe the slate clean and.build from there as player.get back to full health.

Exactly. We’re outdated in a number of ways, this is one of them.

Mick Fanning wannabe ■■■■

This. Spot on. Been banging on about this for a while.

6 Likes

Agree that so many players being out of form is killing us but to say there is nothing wrong with our list is nuts.
The midfield is very very poor. Surely you can see that. No Jobe and BJ incapable of playing as a mid anymore. That is one huge hole to plug. Also Zack and Parish not getting enough ball, Hepp struggling and Myers garbage

We are in strife

1 Like

People should take note of this, and quell their stupid.

We actually need more coaches in Skippys age demographic, not less.

3 Likes

Alternative take: one is enough.