Neeld gets it - walks out never to return

YES!

1 Like

We are just playing so much more direct. No chipping around the backline and putting the Cats under pressure.

It’s not that hard is it😏?

The Cats are playing as if they’re being coached by Neeld right now…loving it.

Close the thread

3 Likes

Problem… solved?

Geez, lucky we got rid of Neeld

Lol I hope Gary Lyon and co took note. Morons.

1 Like

(Click on the link for extended convo)
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

4 Likes

Man what the hell, right?

1 Like

Can we find him and launch him out of the cannon one more time just to make sure he doesn’t come back.

2 Likes

How about we just bring him back to the club and get someone to make a split second decision as to whether to fire him out of the cannon based on the prevailing winds, the brand, the number of players on the etihad sized oval and the coach’s choice of underwear

Too much of a coincidence.

Proof. Pudding.

8 Likes

It is odd though that by all reports both Woosh and the players were disappointed with the decision

I think you can like someone at work and they can still be inept.

3 Likes

It might be that Neeld’s sacking has shocked everyone to realising no one is safe - hence, a complete attitudinal change.

Also, I suspect Neeld was not a good conduit to the coach and Harding is a much better one; meaning messages are getting through that perhaps before were blocked and and Harding is providing insights on the game to Worsfold whereas Neeld saw his role as purely being Worsfold’s gatekeeper.

I still think the biggest change of all was reverting to last year’s game plan. Whether Neeld was blocking this, I don’t know.

5 Likes

Kudos to Andrew Gaze for turning the Bombers around…

3 Likes

The sudden turnaround really has to make you wonder about his influence on the senior coach.

Also appears that we have been better tactically. Given Harding’s long history as an opposition analyst you would think he has dissected every coaches game plan in the league and would have a good idea of what works.

I’d say Neeld leaving had completely changed the dynamic of the coaching group and it’s working much better. Could be things like:

• Woosha having to be more interactive with the playing group.
  • Harding being allowed to drive the tactics better.
  • line coaches getting direct access to the strategy and freedom to implement it. Also providing direct feedback on this to Woosha and Harding to make adjustments.
  • simplification of directions and plan to the players.
  • players realising that the coaches are going to cop it for their poor execution.
3 Likes

We’ll never really know what has brought about such a dramatic change unless a coach or player actually tells us and we hear it from them directly. But history shows sacking a coach can have a dramatic effect on the playing group and they can go from losers to winners overnight.

I’m guessing it has been tweaks to the game plan that gives the players more clarity on what they need to do. They look a hell fo a lot more confident. Are they better set up. It could be a matter of changing where you stand by a few steps to give yourself more time and space. And how many go into a contest and how many stand back. It’s clear they have the confidence to take the game on and be attacking. Orazio is a big factor in this.

But they must have got a rocket that told them they need to increase their effort, as that was letting themselves, but also the coaches and the club down.

It’s a remarkable change.

1 Like

It’s a bit simplistic to say that the turnaround of form is 1:1 with Neeld being fired, isn’t it?

I’d think that there was a massive shift of attitude club wide and Neeld going was one of many parts.

4 Likes