Neil Craig

Im not even sure Craig knows? 

0.jpg

300212_gl.jpg

But whatever it is, we are winning.  Hopefully he can stop Stanton calling for the ball when surrounded by opposition and hot potatoing it back, which has dropped off this year... correlation?

Mahoney thinks that Nikko cap is delicious.

I don’t hate Craig, I just don’t rate him.

He took the crows nowhere and look at the shape he left the list in, look at the great work he did at Melbourne. He got a rep for being good coach without being one.

Yet he considered a genius by mike Sheehan because he remembers journos names.

My disappointment last year was hiring a bloke that has won nothing and built nothing, who had also most recently been involved with dank at Melbourne after he was at essendon, and managed to remove himself from any blame.

We then hire the bloke that hired dank after us to manage our coaches and governance?

I hope he is doing a good job and having positive influence, but those thinking him umpiring practice drills and passing on messages on the bench are behind our season are farkin deluded.

He also wears short shorts and pulled up socks at training, I am sure he would wear sandles if he could.

No reason why Neil Craig needs defending but some the crap written by Lee provokes a reaction.

I knew Neil pretty well when I lived in Adelaide in 1980s. He was Captain of Sturt at the time and he worked at SA institute of Sport. Top bloke, easy to talk with, good listener who cares about people, totally professional in all he has ever done. Very good player and he had some regrets about not moving to AFL. He was happy being the big fish in the small pond, and the offers did not entice him enough, but he would have liked to see if he could have made an impact at the highest level.

Took Adelaide to finals 5 times and with a bit of luck could have won a flag but is still seen as a successful coach. Definitely not an extrovert and would prefer to set sportspeople on the road to excellence than talk about it.

I do not know what his job is, but whatever he does he does very well and is a bonus for Bomba, Hirdy and the boyz. You need to get past that he is a croweater

If Hird and Bomber think he is good to have around then I will go with that.

Just for a laugh I wonder if he ever introduced himself as Craig Neil…umm probably not.

No reason why Neil Craig needs defending but some the crap written by Lee provokes a reaction.
I knew Neil pretty well when I lived in Adelaide in 1980s. He was Captain of Sturt at the time and he worked at SA institute of Sport. Top bloke, easy to talk with, good listener who cares about people, totally professional in all he has ever done. Very good player and he had some regrets about not moving to AFL. He was happy being the big fish in the small pond, and the offers did not entice him enough, but he would have liked to see if he could have made an impact at the highest level.
Took Adelaide to finals 5 times and with a bit of luck could have won a flag but is still seen as a successful coach. Definitely not an extrovert and would prefer to set sportspeople on the road to excellence than talk about it.
I do not know what his job is, but whatever he does he does very well and is a bonus for Bomba, Hirdy and the boyz. You need to get past that he is a croweater

I'm glad you know him and he is a top bloke, but not sure how that makes my opinion of what he has done and brings crap.

He won nothing at the crows, the list was left in a shambles, and are we really debating what he brought to Melbourne?

Like I said if he helps the club great, but doesn't make me rate him in terms of what he has done in the AFL, a couple of finals and never making a GF at the Crows makes him less rated than grant Thomas or anyone of that ilk to me.

If we win a flag it will be the best job he has ever done and I am sure many others will want him umpiring their practice drills too.

we're going ok and everything seems pretty settled after a shocker 15 months.

i know, lets bag the absolute ■■■■ out of something that's going right!

ahhh, thats better.

Craig did well with the Crows and left the list in place to get to second on the ladder the very next year.

Obviously lost the players or the gameplan at some point, but its daft to think he ruined the list.

His worst mistake was probably not playing Dangerfield in the middle enough.

I’m glad you know him and he is a top bloke, but not sure how that makes my opinion of what he has done and brings crap.

He won nothing at the crows, the list was left in a shambles, and are we really debating what he brought to Melbourne?

Like I said if he helps the club great, but doesn’t make me rate him in terms of what he has done in the AFL, a couple of finals and never making a GF at the Crows makes him less rated than grant Thomas or anyone of that ilk to me.

If we win a flag it will be the best job he has ever done and I am sure many others will want him umpiring their practice drills too.

By your definition anyone who never coached a flag has won nothing, that makes 17 coaches a year in the same boat. Craig has always struck me as a very astute student of the game, he is a thinker, and to me he appears to be a step ahead of trends. He worked wonders with the Crows, and getting them into the finals on a regular basis during his tenure, is no small feat not something that can be dismissed. There are plenty of other more highly credentialled coaches who have had nowhere near as much success. At Essendon he appears to be one small part of the puzzle that is beginning to take shape. l am sure he is making a solid and positive contribution that is appreciated by nearly all and sundry (excepting Lee).

I'm glad you know him and he is a top bloke, but not sure how that makes my opinion of what he has done and brings crap.
Like I said if he helps the club great, but doesn't make me rate him in terms of what he has done in the AFL, a couple of finals and never making a GF at the Crows makes him less rated than grant Thomas or anyone of that ilk to me.

I'm sorry but how did he leave their list in a "shambles" exactly? Yes it wasn't in the best shape after he left but they didn't exactly bottom out and turn into Melbourne either.
You can't exactly stay dominate and challenge for top 4 every year once you have the cattle as you lose most of your players to other clubs or retirement.
The only team I could think of who hasn't declined YET and dropped out of the 8, would be Geelong and when the likes of Kelly, Enright, Johnson, Bartel and the like retire around the same time I am sure they will.
But christ, don't judge a man until you have been in his shoes.

I'm walking away from this thread now Lee is involved

It’s working, it’s not broken. No changes for mine.

I'm walking away from this thread now Lee is involved

i think some people get you wrong. 

There is nothing funnier than see a poster defend an indefensible position.

There is nothing funnier than see a poster defend an indefensible position.

ls this the F#$k Caaarlton thread?

Im not even sure Craig knows?
0.jpg
300212_gl.jpg
But whatever it is, we are winning. Hopefully he can stop Stanton calling for the ball when surrounded by opposition and hot potatoing it back, which has dropped off this year... correlation?

You can just see in the first photo that he is obviously saying: "Would bang".

how on earth would any of you know whether he is doing a good job? 

this ■■■■■■ board

4532777_std.jpg

"We still have no farking clue what Neil Craig does at the EFC."

Fark Lee, do you actually know this stuff or are you just as stupid as the crazy bloke that picked up and started swinging a cactus at a car?

Is this you Lee(guy in background with Cactus in hand)?

1391361150092.jpg

I remember the first time I ever watched a Neil Craig press conference... I expected him to have this real tough guy voice... the man looks like an enforcer, but speaks like Elmer Fudd.
Got no problem with what hes doing and had no problem with his appointment.