Neil Craig

Best Head of Coaching Development and Strategy in the league. 

Particularly after we beat carlton. 

Fark Lee, do you actually know this stuff or are you just as stupid as the crazy bloke that picked up and started swinging a cactus at a car?

Do you even read posts, what am I saying that isn't fact or an opinion?
The counter to me not rating Craig is, we are winning, and someone met him and he is a great bloke.
Let's bring gary ayres back, too great bloke.
Like I said if he is helping, great happy it helps the club, but didn't like his appointment and don't rate him.
Farkin mob mentality here, we're winning everyone is awesome.
The closest anyone has come to defining his role is pazza saying he umpires practices matches, and someone meeting him and he was a great bloke, obviously I can't argue with that strong a position.

we're going ok and everything seems pretty settled after a shocker 15 months.

i know, lets bag the absolute ■■■■ out of something that's going right!

ahhh, thats better.

Who is doing that?
Someone posted how great he is going and how important he is with apparently no one knowing what he does.
People then refer to me not liking his appointment.
How is not rating a member of large football department meant bagging the ■■■■ out of something that is going right?
We were going alright last year for a long time too, and have a great set of coaches, fitness staff has also improved, but I don't rate Neil Craig so burn the village?

Neil Craig - black ops coach?

Say again ??

Say again ??
Of value, but no one knows how.

I'll confess... which I didn't do in the opening post...
I've always liked Neil.
I'm still not 100% about his 'role' but the fact he is now wearing red & black means he is worthy of a celebratory thread.

so do these kind of threads get any posts after we have a terrible loss?

Is he related to Daniel Craig?   Reckon he'd make a good "the name's Bond, James Bond".

Struggles to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Fark Lee, do you actually know this stuff or are you just as stupid as the crazy bloke that picked up and started swinging a cactus at a car?

Do you even read posts, what am I saying that isn't fact or an opinion?
The counter to me not rating Craig is, we are winning, and someone met him and he is a great bloke.
Let's bring gary ayres back, too great bloke.
Like I said if he is helping, great happy it helps the club, but didn't like his appointment and don't rate him.
Farkin mob mentality here, we're winning everyone is awesome.
The closest anyone has come to defining his role is pazza saying he umpires practices matches, and someone meeting him and he was a great bloke, obviously I can't argue with that strong a position.

I would say that I have no idea what he does.

But I, like you, have zero idea what goes on at the inner Sanctum at Essendon.  But they seem to be happy with paying him a salary to do whatever he does, and they seem to think that whatever he is doing is working. 

So I, unlike you, won't be bagging the guy out.

Part of Neil Craig's work (just for you lee):

While the scoreboard was disappointing against Fremantle on Sunday there were a number of key take outs for us from the match.

Both teams lost quality senior players at the selection table leading in to the game. In addition, we had continual problems both before and early in the game. David Myers was a late withdrawal due to sickness and Brendon Goddard felt a leg injury during the warm up that eventually saw him subbed out of the game just after quarter time.

The strong defensive action of Fremantle enables us to get more information about what sort of shape our ball movement pattern is in. You only get the opportunity to really assess that when you play against a disciplined, high quality defence such as Fremantle. We were provided with the chance to re-examine our ball movement and work out how it stood up in really tough conditions.

There were some strategies that Fremantle used in terms of their loose man in defence which we will examine, maybe apply to ourselves but also be better prepared for next time we play a team that implements them to such a high level.

We continued to see strong signs from our younger players in Jason Ashby, Marty Gleeson and Dylan Van Unen. The experience for these new guys to be able to travel, play in those conditions and against a first class opposition will only accelerate the level of performance we want them to achieve.

Mark Thompson has consistently said he wants his team to 'run to the line'. In this respect, a positive out of the match was our ability to kick a reasonable score in the last quarter when there was a great rationale for the squad to just play the game out.

We will complete a thorough debrief on the game to make sure we maximize the great lessons that we can take out of that game. It is about continual improvement, making small gains over the year so that those small gains can become highly significant gains at the end of the year.

Our high performance team needs to be congratulated with the way they provided a service for the playing group in the heat. It was 32 degrees for both teams and the reality is that it is a national competition and those conditions could be faced by any team in September if they have to play a final in Perth.

Looking ahead to St. Kilda we hope to regain a number of senior players for the match. There has been some very strong performances from players in our VFL team over the weekend, which is good for internal competition. Paddy Ryder, Brendon Goddard, David Myers, Dustin Fletcher and Paul Chapman will all hopefully be available for selection.

It‘s going to be great to play in front of our fans again at Etihad Stadium on Easter Saturday and we hope to see as many of our members and supporters cheering on the players as possible.

Go Bombers!

Neil Craig
Head of Coaching Development & Strategy

"The strong defensive action of Fremantle enables us to get more information about what sort of shape our ball movement pattern is in."

Obviously I am not getting paid the big bucks for strategy, but I will tell you what shape our ball movement pattern is in: it was farked.  They must have made more ball movements in reverse or sideways than they did forward. They chipped it around and back until a skill error caused a turnover and goal. Just like the bad old days. And the ball movement in the forward line was even worse. Like the bad old days.

For the most part, Freo did it with ease. Worse, and you may not have been able to pick this up on the TV coverage, but they usually had 3 blokes running in parallel, a few metres apart, so that if the kick went too high to the first, or he mishandled it, there was plenty of backup. Remember:  this was a team that was missing some of its best midfielders. Now that is a club that has a good strategy coach.

"The strong defensive action of Fremantle enables us to get more information about what sort of shape our ball movement pattern is in."

Obviously I am not getting paid the big bucks for strategy, but I will tell you what shape our ball movement pattern is in: it was farked.  They must have made more ball movements in reverse or sideways than they did forward. They chipped it around and back until a skill error caused a turnover and goal. Just like the bad old days. And the ball movement in the forward line was even worse. Like the bad old days.

For the most part, Freo did it with ease. Worse, and you may not have been able to pick this up on the TV coverage, but they usually had 3 blokes running in parallel, a few metres apart, so that if the kick went too high to the first, or he mishandled it, there was plenty of backup. Remember:  this was a team that was missing some of its best midfielders. Now that is a club that has a good strategy coach.

Agreed, however I think that's why this loss in this manner is not such a bad thing just as Craig has outlined. We know we can beat the snot out of sides like carlton, but at the same time, those lower ranked sides cant teach us anything because they're ■■■■■. 

Freo, the Hawks and even Sydney are all great teams with great strategies. We are going to study what they did to us with their 'B-team' just as other teams will study it. When we work out why it was so effective and how to counter it though, it's going to take another very good tactician to beat us. 

Craig's right, we would have learned a lot out of that game. Can't wait to play them again during the finals. 

he has impressive skillz with teh ladiezzzz
took her for a drink on tuesday.
he be making love by wednesday.

What's the worst thing about being a Craig David fan?
Telling your parents you're Gay

Obviously I am not getting paid the big bucks for strategy, but I will tell you what shape our ball movement pattern is in: it was farked. They must have made more ball movements in reverse or sideways than they did forward. They chipped it around and back until a skill error caused a turnover and goal. Just like the bad old days. And the ball movement in the forward line was even worse. Like the bad old days.
For the most part, Freo did it with ease. Worse, and you may not have been able to pick this up on the TV coverage, but they usually had 3 blokes running in parallel, a few metres apart, so that if the kick went too high to the first, or he mishandled it, there was plenty of backup. Remember: this was a team that was missing some of its best midfielders. Now that is a club that has a good strategy coach.

You're one of those sour oldies who just sits there going "kick it! kick it! kick it OH WHY'D YOU KICK IT YOU ■■■■■■ USELESS who is that is it Lonergan?" aren't you?

needs more blaming rupert murdoch

He works a hell of a lot helping out bomber, bouncing ideas off each other. Also sits on the bench on match day, and gives advice and one on one coaching on match days to the guys when they have a rest.

Like him. Always have

Warming up to him