Netflix - recommend me a good movie/TV series

With my schedule, I get to see Netflix one night per week.

They have a lot of dross and not many new releases. Since I have had it, I have seen all the movies/TV shows that I know about. I tend to have seen the British and foreign shows because the US ones generally are aimed at the lowest common denominator.

This thread could turn into a more general discussion of netflix, but for now… my question is to anyone with netflix: what would you recommend as worth watching?

What's the best you have seen there?

have you watched this is jinsy

No, haven't seen Jinsy. Will look out for it.

Yes, saw the original House of Cards; have not seen the US version because they generally bugger up the things that were good about the original.

Peaky Blinders has been on Netflix; I think it's also on Foxtel now. So far, it looks like a Pommy take on Power Without Glory.

House of Cards picks up the nastiness of the pom original, but takes 13 eps to do what the Poms do in 4.

House of Cards picks up the nastiness of the pom original, but takes 13 eps to do what the Poms do in 4.

at least all the episodes were released at the same time, so you didn't have to watch 13 weeks to see it all.

Concur. I enjoyed the original House of Cards, and the American one did it justice.

Hell on Wheels if you like a good western but if your talking Netflix exclusives then House of Cards is good,  orange is the new black gets good reviews but was not my cup of tea.

1 Like

would a thread for british telly be worthwhile?

i struggle with the yank stuff.

That's what I suspected, so have not bothered to watch it.

If the reason your schedule only allows one night per week for televison is due to six nights of sexytime then I tip my hat to you, sir.

1 Like

:D 

True Detective is very, very good. 

1 Like

i watched Edge of Tomorrow, last night with (Tom Cruise) in it.

Awesome movie....if you are into sci fi action movie.

i had seen the trailer a while back and marked it in itunes as a movie to watch later, well worth it.

1 Like

Just started watching. Hooked!

Full series of Peep Show is on there, one of the funniest shows of all time.

1 Like

US TV in the last ~5 years odd has actually gone upmarket, and been done quite well

Just started watching. Hooked!

I miss Mr Mcconaughey's monologues.

US TV in the last ~5 years odd has actually gone upmarket, and been done quite well

they figured out irony

would a thread for british telly be worthwhile?

i struggle with the yank stuff.

Don't know about a thread, but suggestions on good british tv would be well appreciated :)

league of gentlemen, alan partridge, mighty boosch and harry einfeld.  .

father ted has stood the test of time.

im not one for anything outside of comedy unfortunately.