Neuvo Classicos

From the Round @ V Dawks thread in the Hangar.
Quoted Post

Quoted Post
In Canberra for a wedding this weekend. Any recommendations for a venue on Sunday to watch the game?
MCG

As crisp as it gets. Gosh it is good to be talking about footy again.

Now some posts about that tackle.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Have they managed to dig Hill out of the ground after Ambrose planted him in the last 20 seconds? Think he killed him.

That was a heavy hit
Loved it

Loved the game of Hurley also

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
ZERRETT is an absolute beast of a tackler.

Like Ambrose and Bags he genuinely wants to hurt people

The result of having to tackle big brother for years. Had to hurt him to get a chance as the smaller weaker kid.

Everyone he brings down IS Jackson.

Ambrose buried a Hawk Sammy Lonergan style. Loved it!

Zerret though pings from one contest to the next and knows when to put hands on and when to hold off. He’s has got IT. He’s got the smarts.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
After what Ambrose did to Hill. We may be right back at ASADA again after Hawthorn get concerned about the monstering

Hawthorn are privately seething

Quoted Post

AMBROZIIIIIIIII HOW YA LIKE THAT BRADLEY

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
PADDY AMBROSE BULLDOZE TACKLE

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I hear ground staff are hoping to dig brad hill out of the turf by next weekends matches

I hear they’re calling in palaeontologists to assist.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I hear ground staff are hoping to dig brad hill out of the turf by next weekends matches

Did he leave a line in the sand?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

Did he leave a line in the sand?

No, just a line in his undies

Now some more about ‘that’ tackle.

Quoted Post

The discovery of BradHillopithecus.

Quoted Post

Still no luck in the search for Brad Hill

Quoted Post

Brad Hill is somewhere between the inner and outer core

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Hawthorn using child labor in search for Hill

Clarkson just out of shot abusing the child for not having found Hill yet

Quoted Post

Search Intensifies

Next, for your viewing pleasure some gifs. Blitz thanks Come Back Hirdy for these fine efforts.

Quoted Post

GIFS FOR EVERYBODY

In chronological order for your viewing pleasure. Sorry for people with slow internetz

Perhaps the last comment in this series, perhaps not. Doe does it again.

Turns out, it wasn’t the last decent post about a player who is rapidly developing a cult status, based on how he plays. From the Ambrose Elevated thread in the Hangar.

Brad Hill isn't playing this week...

Did they dig him up yet?

another afl cover up. expect to hear soon that Brad has left the Hawks to join the “mining industry”.

Quoted just because it should appear more than once.

Just when we thought it was safe to go back to the footy, McDevious goes running to CAS in Switzerland crying about how the big bad footballers in Ozstralia took terrible things, and won’t you please find them guilty, even though l couldn’t, that way l can get a nice big, ft, cushy political job.

Good to see some Blitzers have not lost their sense of humor.

Some joy and some fun all wrapped up in one post.
It could only come from the Fark Carlton thread in the Non Essendon Stuff.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CF6G5UXVEAAwT5q.jpg

… but wait there’s more…

… to come.

l believe a rich vein of gold comedy has been found.

Dead set funniest thing I’ve seen on the internet (today) doesn’t even look photoshopped

The sacking that keeps on backing.

Every single person at Carlton sacked

In an unprecedented but widely applauded move, every single person at Carlton has been sacked.

The Board, coach, players and even the weird guy in accounts have all been terminated effective immediately.

“No one person is responsible for the mess we are in, so sacking one person made no sense,” said just sacked CEO Steven Trigg.

“I mean, they hired me and look how well that’s already gone. You couldn’t keep me on and you couldn’t keep the people around who appointed me.”

Former Captain Marc Murphy said it was fair enough that all the players were let go.

“There are people on our own playing list who still think Chris Judd is our captain,” he said.

“You can blame recruiting or the coach but when the players don’t try to get the ball or avoid tackling like it’s Ebola, they have to take some responsibility.

“Getting rid of all the players is no big deal anyway, it’s not like Carlton can go lower on the ladder.”

AFL CEO Gillon McLachlan said while the move was drastic it wouldn’t make the club any worse.

“It’s probably well overdue. I knew Carlton were in real trouble when Melbourne request a priority pick on their behalf.”

However, fans have said the move does not go far enough. Long time fan Dorothy Medea said she would have liked to have sacked some people twice.

“They sacked that nice Brett Ratten so sacking is not good enough for some of these people.”

“I guess this is just what happens when you hire people from Collingwood.”

Carlton will field a composite team this Friday made up of Essendon top-up players, some workmen who were doing renovations at Princes Park and some Auskick participants.

The Blues will be coached in the interim by the marketing manager of Presto, whose favourite movie is The Shawshank Redemption.

As a result of these changes Carlton are now favourites for this Friday night against the Swans.

http://titusoreily.com/every-single-person-at-carlton-sacked/

Personally l blame The Geisch, and l love the line about Melbourne and the priority pick, that is a classic.

wearing this today at work in honour of the legend...

Just 'cos it’s Fletch and you know 400 games is worth remembering.

What it means to be a supporter of this great club, and in trying times like these, the club is in need of more people of substance like this, than ever before. From the James Hird - Survivor thread in The Hangar, a long post, but one well worth reading and preserving. l dips me lid, respect.

I thought it was a measured presser. I'd like to see some of the heroes in here act under that kind of pressure. Delusions of grandeur, keyboard warriors.

ok. Do you still have faith in him to coach us to our next flag? if so, why. I’m actually interested as to why people still have faith in the guy as coach

I’ll tell you something.
I’m a realist. I’m a passionate supporter of my club, since birth - but a realist.
I don’t support my team because it wins. I don’t support it because it wins more than it loses. I just support it. That’s the first point.

I love footy. I love watching it, discussing it, analysing it, debating it and playing it. I enjoy the game. I love the game. I am not addicted to a winner’s adrenaline rush - that’s for the current players to have and enjoy. I am a supporter, that loves the game. I hurt when we lose, I’m overjoyed when we win. but I’m not a sulky child with knee-jerk reactions who cries and wails and wrings their hands sobbing. That’s the second point.

I do not treat ‘teams’ as ‘people’. A team isn’t ‘mentally weak’. It isn’t ‘lacking in confidence’. Those kind of things are for individuals, and press conferences and media hacks. Teams are extremely complex systems, far above the simple and basic anthropomorphic labels usually applied by so-called journalists. Chaos theory applies to complex systems like these, where slight causes have unpredictable effects. Without a comprehensive understanding of the inner workings and functions of the team, and without an in-depth knowledge of each player’s mindset and physical capabilities and health, and without years of experience in the field, it is almost childish to point and ‘guess’ the path to success. See plane fly, like big bird. Ug.

I’m a realist. There are now 18 teams in the league. I want my team to be the best. This year, next year - all the years. It would be pretty boring, but I want to win every year. But that ain’t going to happen. Mathematics will tell you it is impossible, if politics does not. So I take the good with the bad. I make the bad not so bad, and enjoy the game. And I support my team, because they are My Team.

Now to answer your question -
I have not, to date, seen or heard anything that would make me suspect that James is not the right coach for us. I haven’t seen incredible on-field performances and I haven’t seen surprising coaching moves, but that really applies to just about every game I see. Individual brilliance, predictable game play. I do know that James deserves respect, and he deserves the time to get whatever can be had with this group of players. I also believe that one of the reasons he doesn’t get that respect, even form some Essendon supporters, is because they have a shallow level of satisfaction ans their expectations follow their own personal time lines. Here’s a test for you - if James coached a game with the Carlton list, then coached the Fremantle list - in which game would you call the him the better coach?

Media have dumbed us down. They lift and drop the passions of the people like conductors of an orchestra. They sway opinions by inserting doubt and raising false hopes. The media feed off the dumb public’s fixations. Watch a doco these days. It as if it’s been made for 10 year olds. Listen to media ‘experts’ going on every week, changing their minds, supporting one side, then the other, swaying with the tide, looking after their jobs by looking after their ratings and clicks. They couldn’t give a damn about anything but their self-serving interests, and the public swallow it up like suckling pigs.

I come from a time when you were innocent till guilty, when you were given a go until you couldn’t ‘go’ anymore, and when your team was your ■■■■■■■ team, regardless of wins and losses. I hope that answers your question.

ok, first of all. Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

A few questions from the bolded.

• If results keep on going they way they are. Do you think James Hird the coach(not the man) should stay at Essendon. If the answer is “yes”. How long would you give him?

Just for the record, my opinion that he is no longer the right man as coach has nothing at all to do with the whole saga. I have backed him 100% in regards to that and always will.

it’s funny that as soon as caro and cohorts went away many essendon fans seem to have decided they’ve done their bit with the saga and backourboys and standbyhird pretty immediately went out the window. If you don’t think the listlessness of our team has anything to do with the previous two years and the still continuing saga then I don’t ■■■■■■■ know. The same people who think it’s fair enough of Carlisle to be over the saga and want it sorted before he re-signs are also pretending it ended pre-season and laying in to the rest of the team. #booourboys. #backourboysiftheystillwinfootballs

Fun from the Well Done Disco thread in the Hangar. It does indeed feel good to post something other than about the dreaded Saga.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn148/Ozeob/DodoroJackets_zps6dgnmimx.jpg
That is farking brilliant. Take a farking bow.

Too often a great post does not inspire much in the way if a response, but in this case it did and we ended up with 2 classics, for the price of one. From the FASADA saga thread, or whatever it is called these days.

The Chairman AFL Commission

Re: the worst thing that’s ever happened in footy

It is now laid bare for all to see. Under your watch and by your design, with the help of henchmen vlad and gil, you have infiltrated AFL Head Office with your culture of intimidation, manipulation and deceit. We can see you cheat and lie and attempt to destroy those who stand in your way, as you seek power and control but ignore the impact on the health and well being of players, clubs and fans.

You have no respect for the fundamental principles of honesty, integrity or transparency and the presumption of innocence, or natural limits to power and authority, or important legal rights of personal privacy and due process. When you override basic human rights to pursue your own predetermined and corrupt agendas, it shows you lack the essential managerial quality of a good moral conscience.

Unlike you our coach is honest, loyal and committed to finding the truth. He admits his mistakes and acknowledges his failings. Whilst you were hell bent on taking his scalp, you presided over the worst and most corrupt AFL executive which by your own hand trashed the AFL brand and rendered footy unenjoyable for millions of fans.

The unfortunate news for you is the karmic consequences of every one of your actions are inescapable. You have to live with who you are and what you’ve done.

Mike Fitzpatrick, you are the worst thing that’s ever happened in footy.

Yours sincerely

stir fried ewok.

Dear Stir Fried Ewok,

RE: The worst this that’s ever happened in footy

Thanks for your comments, it’s always great to hear positive feedback from the games most important assets, our fans. We strive, and believe we achieve, to present Australia’s greatest sport with the utmost of respect to the loyal footballing public that we serve. This isn’t about us, it’s about the fans and the positive news that we receive from them.

The end product which the players go out each and every week to put on display is only achievable through the hard work and endeavours of the whole AFL team. Each branch of the AFL administration operates with high degrees of integrity and transparency, just like you said and we’re wrapped that this has not gone unnoticed. We’re the first to admit that we’re not a perfect organisation, but we’re also the first to admit that we’re pretty damn close.

Feedback like yours makes our job worthwhile and we are always open to the honest and forthright comments from the supporters. It’s the only way we can improve.

If you include your home address we’ll be sure to send you out a voucher for 20% off a medium chips at the next pre-season away game in Darwin at TIO Stadium.

Mike

An acclaimed post from the Hird. Pressure is Mountain thread in the Hangar. This one about says it all.

So where to from here? It was by far the hardest any of us have watched an Essendon game for a long long time. It should be a sense of pride wearing the Red and Black and for those that have fought so hard in that pride to just stop playing was significant and upsetting to watch. I didn’t get angry after the game I just got upset. I understand players are well paid professionals and should compete but I also understand the reality of mental stress and the heavy fatigue it causes on anyone’s life. I tragically lost my Father unexpectedly in August last year and could barely type on my keyboard at work for the next 6 weeks. At that moment I just stopped. Humans can fight through many things but eventually the mind can only take so much and needs some time to fully heal and recover. We see footballers as immortals but the reality is they are often young adults and not immune to constant stress that wears you down completely. Thankfully my misfortunes in life are not played out on the from cover of the Herald Sun or I would be a mess.

7 days prior to the game one of Hawthorn’s senior leaders sent our playing group a message that no matter what you think the outside community thinks your club cheated. As Tim Watson stated on SEN…It’s now at a point where externally no one cares about these players. Mitchell’s act at the time our players laughed off with a smirk but I am sure it only reinstated the fact that the outside community has labelled them forever guilty no matter what the outcomes maybe at Tribunal or CAS. Now did Mitchell’s act cause Saturdays horrific result?…obviously not. Is it however a small ever constant message and reminder again to the players that this 3 year saga is not going away and despite being found not guilty it hasn’t changed the pressure and message that outside forces think we cheated. The players simply can’t find relief anywhere, sadly Senior players at the Essendon Football Club are coming to the realisation they have missed a big chunk of their prime football to this investigation and now very unlikely ultimate success will come to them now being close to 30 or above.

The idea was that the AFL wanted to rapt this saga up nice and neatly by Aug 2013. Players had that assumption as well. 2 years later we are in no different position and I don’t think it’s the case of Essendon being at fault anymore. We made huge mistakes on governance and was correctly punished for it in August 2013. Essendon accepted full guilt. This is exactly the message from Essendon officials and yes even Hird if you want to listen. What has happened afterwards is a political fight between the AFL & ASADA that really the players are caught in the middle off. This is not an anti-doping case anymore…the evidence is overwhelming the players don’t have a case to answer but it’s not about that for WADA or ASADA. It’s a message to Australian team sports and to the AFL from ASADA….we won’t be dictated or be marginalised by arrogant sporting bodies wanting outcomes that have set agendas not relating to anti-doping. WADA is upset at the AFL and Essendon is carrying the ongoing punishment. The WADA appeal to CAS is an immoral message to any sporting athlete for its justification and outcome it is seeking. Some might say ASADA has already won….they have sentenced already the 34 players to 2 years.

One of the better aspects for the players is their relationship with Hird and he has the ability with firsthand knowledge of being able to discuss the issues at hand. It’s a narrative rarely told but go ask Carlisle if he has valued Hirds ability to coach but also critically be a listening ear and friend. Same goes with Melksham, Howlett, Winderlich, Heppell etc. Hird hasn’t lost the players but the players have succumbed to the relentless pressure and stress of this investigation. Whether some need a break from footy altogether is for the club to sit down and discuss. Sacking the coach is far from the answer…in fact there is a strong argument the players need him more than ever. It’s not a quick fix, success may take time but someday this investigation will finally end, clouds will be lifted, players will come back to enjoying football and life….it’s then we will see the coach and players in a light that’s worthy of criticism or praise. Until then we hold strong, support the boys and be a fan base worthy of our 140 year history.

I want to play devils advocate here to certain parts of this post (final couple of sentences) but I won’t because it really is a brilliant post.

What you say is 99% true.

Do you think security will allow a giant banner with a picture of the sister-in-law and the words, "Paddy RodeHer"?

Just a sign with “Did Paddy Ryder?” on it might suffice

Or a Jim Morrison picture blurting out , "Ryder's on the horn"

“dont you love her paddy… wanna be her daddy… dont you love her face… dont you love her as shes walking out to port?”

Two posts from the Ryder… Make sure we let him know… thread in the Hangar, about what to put on the run through banner for Saturday. l like the sound of these, but sadly they won’t get up.

WADA: We got this latest top secret test that will nail you guys, you know. Better confess quick smart and we might go easy on you lot…the clock is ticking…we hold all the aces and we are going all in…

Player Group: Bull S*it, you got 2 pairs of 2s. We didn’t stay strong for 3 years, cleared by an independent tribunal…just to fold now based on your as yet unproven claim with no supporting details. What makes you think your experts are that much better than ours in Australia. We will see you…WADA GAGF

2 pairs of 2s dramatically overestimates their hand.

Sources close to ASADA have revealed exactly what their hand is.
Bomberblitz can exclusively reveal it now for the first time.
It is a 2, a 5, a Joker, a Green Uno card, and a Vin Catoggio footy card from the 70s.

Mero weighs in with a timely reminder on the strength of FASADA’s hand.

Orazio Rhapsody Correlated and Added to - Brilliant from you mob. Is this Orazio? Or Just Fantasia? Caught in the reserves side, No escaping from Tullamarine

“Develop your thighs”
Hird looks up to the sky and screeeeeaamms,
‘Raz is a small boy, he needs Thymodulin’,
Because it’s easy come, easy go,
little jab, no one knows,
Anyway that Zaka goes, doesn’t really matter to me’

Someones Mama, just called MMM,
Put a phone up to her head,
‘think of the children’ wailed Ed.
‘I’m his mama, his career had just begun,
But now James Hird has thrown it all awaaaayyy’

Mamaaa oooooohh,
‘I’ve got a slight strain to the thigh,
if I’m not back again this time by round 19,
Carry On, Carry On
Cause recovery really matters’

Too late… round 19 has come,
Losing sends shivers down my spine,
Body’s aching all the time,
Like when Bomber said goodbye, everybody, I’ve got to go
Gotta leave you all behind to face the truth

Mamaa, ooooooo
We’re not gonna try,
Sometimes I wish I’d never come here at all.

We see a pathetic Silhouette of a man,
Ben McDevitt, Ben McDevitt, what the fark are you doing here?
WADA Appeal then suspension,
Very very frightening… for us,
(can this stop now) Can this stop now
(so we can just play) So we can just play
Just let us playy…
FKN HEEEEEELL

I’m just a wog boy, only Zaka loves me
He’s just a wog boy, Bassetts not his family
Spare him his life at this monstrosity

Buckets says ‘easy come, easy go, will you let me go?’
Like Paddy, NO, we will not let you go. (he is gone!)
Like Stewie, NO, we will not let you go (he is gone!)
Like Gussy, NO, we will not let you go (he is gone!)
Better not let him go,
never let him go,
no, no, no, no, no, no, no,
‘oh mama mia mama mia,
Why did WADA fark this up for meeeeeee,
for meeeeee, for meeeeeeeeee’.

So you think you can sus-pend all of my maaates?
So you think you can fark them and leave me to plaaaay?
Oh WADA, can’t do this to me WADA,
You just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here

Recovery really matters,
Everyone can see,
Thats what got us into this,
and now it’s really f*cked meeeeeeeeeeeee

Anyway that Zaka goes…

It’s a pity Raz wasn’t actually here for 2012, but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Credit must go to Taj, Sameolds, Splitround, mr jez, clam shutter, Paul Peos, Bloodstained Devils, KJ_1, Kay Eff See for inputs.

From the #46 Orazio Fantasia thread in the Hangar, some much needed light relief.

1 Like

More from the Sorry Saga Thread. the best comment now, on the most recent development, the action taken by lawyer Jackson Taylor, to make the AFL more accountable.

A few points re Mr Taylor’s action and a couple of previous comments/questions on this thread – based on my understanding:
  1. It is completely unrelated to the removal of Hird and is entirely unconnected to the club (which will probably even try to distance itself from it, because, you know, it is enjoying all that clear air now).

2. It is significantly different in nature to previous actions brought by various other parties and this should be relatively apparent from a comparative view of statements of claim.

3. Mr Taylor is not now, nor ever has been, an EFC member or connected to the club. Indeed, prior to the saga’s commencement, I believe he may have even been a lapsed Car… Carl… Carlt… no I can’t even bring myself to say it… supporter. I believe though, that he is an erstwhile member of Bomberlitz.

4. Mr Taylor comes across as equanimous, intelligent, experienced, principled, and highly capable. He does not appear to be the type who would take the kind of professional or personal risk he is now exposed to merely on a frivolous whim, but rather, only after significant research, due consideration, and expert advice, and only pursuant to the belief there is a strong possibility of success. He has little - if anything at all - to gain from this matter personally, but plenty to lose.

5. Under the relevant legislation applicable to the action, Mr Taylor - or any person for that matter – will have locus standi – legal standing to bring the case.

6. Mr Taylor’s action should have zero bearing on any actions that parties directly involved in the saga (e.g the players) may or may not wish to bring against either the EFC or the AFL (other than of course, hopefully inspiring them to do so and generating some further ammunition!). Unfortunately, it is also unlikely to have much bearing on the matter now before the CAS.

7. It is VITAL to keep in mind that the litigation options available for any person not directly involved in the saga are very limited. It simply cannot match the strength of force of say, a player’s claim. The course Mr Taylor is taking seems quite ingenious in that it actually affords him standing. The cause of action is legitimate – and I dare say, certainly has potential for success, but the remedies under the applicable legislation are relatively narrow in scope. I don’t think this is as much an ‘all guns blazing’ case as a genuine ‘shot across the bow’ which, if successful, should expose at least some degree of the corruption and mishandling that has taken place.

8. We have had people on our very own Blitz who are close to the players saying that no one – or perhaps only very few - is actually standing up for them, trying to bring out the truth (whatever that may be). The AFL, the Club, the mainstream media, most AFL fans, have all abandoned them. Here we have one man – an outsider bearing no agendas other than the courage of his conviction – staking his own reputation and his funds to be the voice for those who have been shouted down, including many fans of EFC and members of this site (most of us who have neither the skill-set, the capacity, or the will). The least we could lend him now, rather than ridicule and derision (which will come in spades from the AFL, media, and probably even the EFC and some of its supporters anyway) - is the opportunity to have a go. That costs us nothing. Yet, even just getting the AFL into open court could be the game changer we have all been hoping for. This league of lies can still be exposed!

+1,000,000
The mind of a Blitzer

From the Mind of a Blitzer thread in the Hangar, a thread sure to produce many chuckles, and we could do with some this year.