Never bring rubbish to a bin chicken fight - game review

You honestly think anyone here believes that we make finals from this position?

2 Likes

We have not improved one bit since 2017. Not even the slightest iota.
That is a damning indictment on this shambles of a club.
More aggravating still is that it’s as obvious as the nose on your face!
Game plan is still stuffed.
Tactical nous is still non-existent.
Skills are still non-existent.
Player development is still just pathetic.
Team selection is still head-scratching.
And still plays favourites.

It is all on the coaching panel.
ALL OF IT!!!

Mediocresville again…

8 Likes

Spot on.
We miss a Hocking type big time.
No nuts hard or otherwise to be found.

I wonder who should be Captain out of the players in that pic ?
Actually, the answer is obvious.

Is Merrett even in the leadership group?

You are part of the problem for buying a membership.

Vice Captain.

I honestly thought we turned a corner after the St Kilda game as I saw how distraught the players looked. I was wrong. Again. Another false dawn.
I thought we’ve lost to two good teams in pies and cats but surely we get over the line against Sydney to get on a bit of a roll. Turns out Sydney were far hungrier than the Bombers.

1 Like

Who are the others? Myers, JD and Raz?

Positives: Mason Redman is an absolute gun. Zach Merrett is an elite player and also great tackler. Raz is so important, but for far sake midfielders, on what planet is he going to beat rampe in a contested marking contest.

Negatives: Play Parish as a midfielder, you absolute drongo coaches. Myers comes in and guess what Parish plays forward and is wasted.

I would hate to be a forward in our team, the bomb it long has been ingrained so long in midfielders the forwards don’t lead because they are rarely honoured. At the same just farking present and lead, it creates space and one on ones.

How does Draper not offer more than Zach Clarke?

That is enough.

Yeah I know.
I do it because of my love for the club but it’s a one way marriage unfortunately. Just like a cheating wife I think it’s time for a divorce

THAT was the moment I threw a brick through the television.

Fark this club.

2 Likes

Correct analyses!!!
Run like crazy. Pressure. Cough it up. Turnover. Goal.
Run like crazy. miss obvious forward target. bomb long. Ball up. Congested forward line.
Run like crazy. Somehow create a set shot 30m out. Miss 80% of the time unless it’s Fanta.

2 Likes

You do know that Draper has done his ACL yeah?

That’s it I’m done.

Come on Toronto. I’m whatever sport.

“Stop hitting that other player! Play on”

1 Like

The biggest mistake we can make now is doing what we just did with Myers and automatically bring Baguley back in without making him actually earn his spot via a solid performance in the VFL first.

These sorts of players are gone at the end of the year and have zero improvement left in them.

Enough with the rotating door on blokes like Langford & Ridley. I’d like to see Mynott given an opportunity sometime soon as well.

1 Like

I hope the media give the club heaps this week. Soft bunch, out coached, dumb football. I can’t imagine waking up an seeing myself having a laugh as a captain with that photo. Sorry Dyson, worst captain I’ve seen at Essendon.

1 Like

Well they are cooked then, the rules and umpiring guidelines explain exactly what should have happened. It didn’t, the umpires decision negatively effected the outcome of the game.

The AFL will no retrospectively change the rules and guidelines to reflect what happened on Friday.

I’ve slept on it and I am still cut, but it’s okay because the captain thought it was funny…

2 Likes